Day 19 - a talent of yours
I think I have put this post off for so long because I can't think of a talent!! Isn't that sad? I really can't think of anything I am talented at. I will keep thinking and let you know if I think of something
Day 20 - a hobby of yours
- Reading - Give me a good book and I can be occupied for hours!! I love it! It is so relaxing!
- Scrapbooking - I haven't done much of this lately. But I still love to do it.
- Blogging - I love going back and reading all my old blogs. I laugh because the things I thought were huge back then, I never even think of now. I know some day I'll look back at this blog and think, "Why was I so worried about ____________?"
Day 21 - a recipe
Since we made several of these this summer, I decided to put the recipe for a shrimp boil on here. It is so easy and good!! And it is a quick and easy clean up too!! We boiled it all in one pot and when it was done dumped it out on a table/counter/island covered with tin foil. When everyone had eaten we crumpled up the tin foil and threw it in the garbage!! Easy!!
Ingredients
4 quarts water (16 cups)
1 can (12 ounces) beer (optional)
1/2 cup OLD BAY® Seasoning
2 tablespoons salt
8 medium red potatoes, quartered
2 large onions, cut into wedges
2 pounds lean smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
8 ears fresh corn, shucked and halved crosswise
4 pounds unpeeled jumbo shrimp (21 to 25 count)
Directions
Bring water, beer, OLD BAY Seasoning and salt to boil in 12-quart stockpot on high heat. Add potatoes and onions. Cook 8 minutes. Add smoked sausage. Cook 5 minutes. Add corn. Cook 7 minutes.Stir in shrimp. Cook 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into large serving bowl or platter. Or, mound on paper-covered table. Sprinkle with additional OLD BAY Seasoning, if desired.
Day 22 - a website
Dinner Made Easy - full of good recipes! I don't have time or energy to cook elaborate meals during the week. This website has some great recipes that are very easy to do any night of the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment