Friday was Jake's Birthday. We went out to eat to celebrate him turning the big 2-3! Haha! We ate at Lloyd's, which is one of my favorite restaurants! It was so yummy!! The plan was to go eat and then head to the Deer and Turkey Expo but we decided to go bowling instead. The parents went on home and Jake and Kate, Anna and Alex, and me and Ben headed to the bowling alley. It was a lot of fun. I was horrible but we laughed a lot. I hope Jake had a great birthday.
Saturday, Ben and I slept in. It was very nice. Even though I have been out for summer break I have been making myself wake up soon after Ben leaves. The whole month of June I slept until 9 or 10 but in July I've been up most days by 8 or 8:30. I hope it will be easier to get back into the swing of things come August. Anyways, we slept until about 10 and then just layed around for a while.
We finally got up and got ready and headed to help Ben's grandmother with a shrimp boil for her group at church. We had a good time. After we ate, Ben and I went with his parents and sister and brother-in-law to the Deer and Turkey Show. Not a lot of fun, in my opinion. I like all the girly shows way better!
Sunday was the day of babies. Ben and I went to church and then took Stephen and Erin fried chicken for lunch. We visited with them for a while. Jax is so stinking cute!! He has the longest fingers and toes of any baby I have ever seen!!
We left there and went to see Barbara and Kevin and Baby Aubrey. They are all adjusting to life at home quite well. Aubrey is precious. She slept the entire time we were there.
Sunday night dinner was moved to Amy and Chris' house last night. We had a good time eating hamburgers and hot dogs. It was a good time. We laughed so much by the end of the night my cheeks were hurting...
We had a great weekend but I am worn out today!! I was going to go and work in my classroom but I just didn't have the energy! So I'm going down there tomorrow! I can feel summer slowly slipping away from me. so I'm enjoying every last minute!!






No comments:
Post a Comment