Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Egg Wreath

One day this week, a blogger posted that she made an Easter Egg wreath for her front door... I thought it was too cute so I decided to try one as well.

I went to Wal-Mart and picked up 2 bags of plastic Easter eggs, some of that grass stuff to match the eggs, and some cute ribbon. I couldn't find the wreath, of course. So I went to Micheal's and picked up a medium size wreath. Total this project cost about $6.

 I decided to get the bright colored eggs instead of the pastel eggs because I thought they were prettier. (I may end up taking this one to my classroom. If I do, I'm going to go back and get pastel eggs to make one for our house.)

 Start hot gluing the eggs onto the straw wreath (with the plastic still on)

Glue the eggs until the entire thing is filled up. I didn't glue eggs on the back of mine, because I figured it would get messed up hanging one the door.


Finally, take the grass stuff and stuff it in the holes. I just poured hot glue into the holes and stuff the grass into them with a pen. I did go back when I finished and cut some of the grass that was sticking out like crazy just to make it look a little cleaner.

I have ribbon to put on it but can't figure out how I want it on there. I'll be sure to post a pic of it when I get it finished!


1 comment:

michelle ellis said...

How cute! I might have to try one of these!