Monday, April 18, 2011

Joshua Kaleb Chandler

So I thought that I would have time this weekend to update my blog again, but I didn't....

Joshua Kaleb Chandler was born last Monday, April 11th at 1:53pm. He was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches long. He is so tiny compared to Brody. I could just eat him up.

Jake and Kate went to the hospital last Sunday night to be induced. We went up there to see them for a little bit before they got everything started.
Mom and Dad happily awaiting the arrival of Baby Kaleb...

The proud parents.

Aunt Heather and Uncle Ben :)
We all woke up Monday morning and were back at the hospital by about 6 or so. We were able to see Kate on and off all morning. We went in shifts so we weren't all totally overwhelming to her. She wanted time to be able to take a nap before having to start pushing.

Dad and Ben waiting in the waiting room...

Nana excited about Kaleb...
Jake would come out into the waiting room from time to time or send us texts with updates on Kate. He came in to tell us she was about to start pushing a little after noon. A little after 2 Jake came in and said Kaleb was here!! He was beaming with pride! All the doctors and nurses told Kate she had had a "textbook delivery."

We were able to see him a little after 3 or so.


The Chandler Family had lots of visitors Monday night!


We are so happy that Kaleb is here and everyone is healthy! I am very proud of Jake and Kate! Kaleb is precious, and just like Brody, being spoiled rotten by his aunts, uncles, and grandparents!!


No comments: