Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend

Friday afternoon Ben and I decided that we would go ahead and head on over to GA. Our plan was to spend the night Friday night, spend the day with the family, and then come on back home. Well Saturday night when we were about to leave for home, I got really sad about leaving. So after a few tears were shed, we decided to stay...

Friday night we didn't get to Atlanta until about 10, so we went straight to the hotel.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready and headed over to Nanny's. We visited for a few minutes before we headed to Brooke's softball game. I was excited about seeing her play. This is her first year playing and Saturday she was playing left field. There were so many rules that I didn't understand, but it was neat to see her play. She did really well! and her team won!! Yay! She played a double header at 2 different parks so after the game she had go rush off to the other park.
Brooke at bat.

Ready to head home...

When we left her game we went down to Minga and Granddad's house. Can I just say my grandmother gives the best hugs?! We sat around on the front porch for a while just talking. It's always fun to just sit and talk to them! We went inside so Minga could show us her new clothes she had bought and before we knew it Jake and Kate were there with the baby. Minga had said that she was going to be the first to hold Kaleb. So she hurried and washed her hands and was ready to get him as soon as they walked in!! We all played with Kaleb for a bit before going to eat.

Minga and Kaleb

Minga, Granddad, and Kaleb

I love this picture!! Granddad is looking at Kaleb with such proud eyes! And Minga looks soo excited!!

Already spoiling Kaleb rotten!





Aunt Dottie and Uncle Marion met us at Wallace's to eat. This was Kaleb's first time to a restaurant!


Pursing his lips... I guess he didn't want to leave the restaurant...

After we ate we went back down to Minga and granddads house. Uncle Jerry and his three youngest boys came down and Melanie came to see kaleb too. Kaleb was definitely the center of attention on this trip!!!

Just chillin'



We went back to Nanny's to let her meet Kaleb after Minga and Granddad's. She was just as excited to see him as everyone else has been! He got a little fussy one time and she started talking to him. She was so proud that he stopped crying when she started talking to him.
Nanny approves of him!

Nanny and Kaleb

He looks like he is smiling at her!

When it came time to leave, Ben and I had planned to just head back to AL but I was so torn. I wanted to be at our church Sunday morning. It was going to be Brody's first time at church. But I also wanted to eat with my family in GA. I couldn't decide what to do so I just started crying! Ben made me laugh because he said that I could just cry about it then because that would help make the decision! In the end we decided to stay. When we got back to the hotel, we realized we didn't have church clothes and we couldn't not go to church on Easter Sunday, so we went to the only place open to get clothes - Walmart! Haha! We ended up getting some half way descent clothes to wear. Not too bad for a very last minute decision to stay!

Sunday morning we went to Belauh with my parents and grandparents. We told my mom not to tell Minga that we were coming so we could surprise her but my mom can't keep a secret so Minga and Granddad knew when we got there. But they were still excited to see us!

After church we went straight down to Dennis and Marsha's house for lunch. It was yummy!! And of course there were tons of pictures!

Me and Allison, Tiffany and Braxton

Brooke and Allison
 
Ellery, Mandy, Brooke and Allison

Me and Benji

Isn't this picture precious?

Nanny and Allison

Allison with Nana and Big Daddy

The Chandler Family

Our whole family!

We left Dennis and. Marsha's house about 2 and headed home. Ben decided that he wanted to go back roads past where his great-grandparents used to live. We took a ton of pictures so I'll make another post of those soon.

We got back to Ben's parents house just in time to eat with them just like any other Sunday night dinner.

We had a great Easter with our families! I hope you did too!

No comments: