Monday, April 11, 2011

Celebrating Life

The past few days have been very unreal. We got the phone call last Wednesday that Chris's sister had been killed in a car accident. She had been on her way back to work from her lunch break. It still doesn't seem real. She was an amazing person and has touched so many lives. She graduated from Master's Commission in 2009 with her ministers license and ministry was her heart. She had a passion for helping people and sharing her love of Christ. She was an inspiration for everyone she met. She is leaving behind an amazing legacy. There is absolutley no doubt that Heaven is a better place, if that is possible, now that she is there.

Through her death, I have realized just how fragile life really is. In this journey Ben and I are on, it is very easy to get caught up in what we don't have. Last week I was very emotional about everything and couldn't stop thinking about what we don't have. But with Kim's death, I am reminded just how blessed we truly are. We are healthy, we have an amazing family, we have awesome friends, and we have each other. I don't know what God's plan for my life holds, but I know that I can't dwell on what I don't have. I have to live in the moment, and count my blessings every day.

Kim's favorite bible verse was Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving many lives." Kim touched a ton of lives while she was here but her death has inspired many and will continue to inspire others for years to come. Adam set up a memorial page for her on Facebook. I spent a lot of time reading over what people had written. It's amazing how much this young woman packed into her short 23 years. The funeral service and the graveside service were perfect and exactly what Kim would have wanted. You could feel the pace of God over the whole thing.

After the graveside service yesterday we went to Ben's grandfathers 80th birthday party. Bens mom invited all of his friends over and had a party for him. It's always funny to be around Nanny and Pa and their friends. There were about 50 people there. I'll have pictures to come when I am home and can get them off my camera.

Last night Kate checked into the hospital to be induced. We came up here about 10:00 to see her before she went to sleep. We didn't stay long cause our plan was to get back up here at 5:00 this morning. After a stop at Krispy Kreme, we made it about 5:45. She is doing good so far. She isn't in too much pain yet. The doctor said last night that she expected Kate to have him about lunch time. I'm taking pictures, so I'll post those as soon as I can (and get the okay from Kate)

It's been a weird weekend but I know God is in control over all we do. At kims funeral pretty much everyone who said anything said that Kim knew God and chose to live every second of her life for Him. We know that she is dancing in the streets of Heaven. If you you were to die today, what would happen? Have you been living your life for Him? What kind of legacy would you leave? Nows the time to get everything right. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

No comments: