Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Most meaningful/best gift (Day 3)

I have been very blessed to receive MANY great gifts.

As far as meaningful goes... my grandmother used to buy antique gifts for all the girls in the family. My grandparents were big campers. They would take off in their motor home and be gone for weeks at a time. While they were gone, they would stop at pretty much every antique store they passed just to look around. Every year my grandmother would by all the girls the same type of item. One year we all got tea pots. One year we got hand bells. Each girls' gift was unique. She put so much thought into each and every item she bought. It was so much fun after the rest of the family had opened their gifts all the girls would gather around her chair and she would give us the gifts. We would all open them at the same time. I still have my gifts in my china cabinet today.

A few other great gifts I've received are...

my camera... Ben and I bought this for ourselves a couple of years ago. I love taking pictures and using this camera to make some pretty good ones. I am going to love having this when we have kids!


and my mixer... Ben surprised me with this a few years ago. I have always wanted one but never thought I would actually get one! I registered for one when we got married but really didn't think anyone would get it for us. I was so excited when Ben walked in with it! I love using it when baking!

No comments: