Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year!! I love the entire experience... the food, the music, getting together with friends and family, the lights and decorations!
Some of my favorite traditions include...
- Annual Black Friday shopping adventure. In years past, there have been a few people I have gone shopping with. Last year I went with Amy and Cathy, but I'm not against going by myself, especially if I am looking for something in particular. Normally I go to Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, Old Time Pottery, and really any store with a good deal.
- Our family Christmas parties - A couple of weeks before Christmas we go to Guntersville to be with Ben's grandmothers side of the family, the Sunday before Christmas we have started getting together with my immediate family at the lake, and the few days around Christmas are normally crazy! We start by heading to Atlanta on the 23rd for Minga's party, we spend the night in Atlanta, and have a "brunch" with my Dad's side on Christmas Eve then head back to Birmingham. Once we get back home, we head to Ben's Mom's side and spend the evening with them. Christmas day is more relaxed, we normally have a big breakfast and spend the day relaxing and recovering from the past two days, then head over to Ben's Dad's side of the family Christmas night.
- Ben and I decorating our tree. I normally decorate everything else around the house and put up the tree and get the lights on it. Ben and I put all the ornaments together.
No comments:
Post a Comment