Monday I had another appointment with my OBGYN. No woman should have to go to THAT doctor 3 times in one year and NOT be pregnant!!
Ben and I have been trying to have a baby for a few months now. I came off birth control in March and we started trying in June. But I haven't had a regular cycle since April. I went to the doctor in June because of not having a period. Dr. S gave me some medicine to start and sent me on my way. She said that the pain was just a normal part of my cycle and basically I would just have to get used to it.
Well I still haven't had a normal cycle and I am still in pain. I made an appointment with a new doctor, hoping to get some answers. I went to see Dr. H Monday afternoon about all my problems. I was scared to death about how this appointment could go. I had a gut wrenching feeling that something could be majorly wrong. When I walked in, he and his nurses immediately calmed my nerves. They were great! He listened to all my concerns and worked with me to get to the bottom of the problem. After talking and him doing an exam, he believes that I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
PCOS causes my ovaries to produce many small cysts and prevents my ovaries from producing the hormone that keeps you regular and ovulating. Finally, I have a reason for all my pain and not being regular! Dr. H gave me medicine to start a period and told me when I start to call the infertility department and talk to them. I will have to go meet with them several times to check my hormone levels at the different times in my cycle. After I meet with them I should be able to start a medicine that helps me ovulate regularly.
I left the office Monday morning encouraged! I left all my other appointments feeling defeated and like everything was all in my head. I felt like nothing was really wrong with me. I left this meeting feeling like I had answers! Like there was a plan in place and I could move forward!
The past few months have been emotionally draining! I had my moments where I felt like I was all alone in this journey and that I was never going to be pregnant. I know that people have been trying for much longer than Ben and I have been and that people are going through far worse things than this, but it still wasn't easy. I know that God has a plan for my life and for the first time in my life, I am fully giving it to Him. There have been days that if I had not had my faith, I don't think I would have made it through the day. Over the last month or so, things have gotten better. I have learned to keep my mind off things and to continuously pray. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I know that I will come out of this journey a stronger person.
I am very happy that we finally have answers to our questions. I am happy that I feel like my doctor is on my side. He wants me to be pregnant and is going to everything he can to help me get pregnant! I didn't feel like I was in his way or like I shouldn't really have been there! He made me feel like I wasn't in this journey alone and that he would help me through this!
So if you could, just say a prayer for this journey. Pray that everything goes smoothly. Pray for wisdom of the doctors. Also say a prayer for all the ladies out there that are trying to have a baby. It is supposed to be one of the best times of your life, but when it doesn't happen immediately it can become exhausting and draining! It is hard to talk about so it can also be extremely lonely.
Oh yeah... also some GREAT news today!! Baby Allison Landry was born this morning in Atlanta! She was 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19.5 inches long!! I can't wait to meet her this weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl! Just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this. I know exactly how you feel! I've been taking clomid for 9 months now and having to go to the OBGYN every single month...it gets really old. And it seems like everytime I turn around someone else is pregnant and I feel left out. I will be praying for yall and if you need to vent or talk about anything feel free to!! It was great hanging out with yall this past weekend!! We had lots of fun!!
Post a Comment