We had a really good Christmas. I was so worried about being on bed rest during Christmas and missing out on a lot of fun family things but we got the okay from the doctor to do most everything we normally do.
Monday (Dec. 23) I had a doctors appointment. Ben and I had planned that if everything went okay at my doctors appointment we would head to Atlanta for my Grandmothers Christmas party. This was the first Christmas without my grandfather and I really wanted to be at our Christmas party. The doctors appointment went great and we got the approval to travel to Atlanta, so after a quick trip to Ben's office we headed to Atlanta.
 |
| Most of Ben's technicians were still working so he was on the phone most of the ride to Atlanta, but I didn't care - we were headed to Atlanta!!! :) |
We had not told any of my family that we were even thinking about coming to GA so I was so excited when we got to Nanny's house to surprise them! We hung out at Nannys house for the afternoon. We ran and got us some dinner and brought it back to her house to eat before heading to Minga's Christmas party. I really enjoyed the time with Nanny. I wish we lived closer and could get over there more often because I love just hanging out with her. And I think she enjoys it too.
 |
| Not the best picture, but she was in the middle of telling us a very detailed story about something! |
We headed to Minga's Christmas party after we ate dinner. Seeing her reaction was priceless. She was so happy that Ben and I were able to make it. I am so happy that this pregnancy has been going well enough for me to travel. I didn't want to miss this party!
 |
| I had other pictures where Minga was smiling differently, but I think this one is so precious because she looks so happy!! |
 |
| All 9 of us!! Well you can't see two of us but the babies will be here next year!! |
The party was so fun! Ben and I made the decision to go on back home after the party instead of staying in Atlanta. I wanted to go to the Chandler Christmas party on Christmas Eve but we just thought it would be too much. If we went on home I would be able to sleep in my own bed and be able to rest Christmas Eve morning before we headed to Ben's side of the family's party. We ended up getting home between 10:30 and 11.
Christmas Eve morning we got up and I rested most of the morning while Ben cleaned up the house. We left about 3 and went to buy groceries for Christmas morning brunch and for Ben to buy my Christmas present. Then we went to his Nanny's house. We ate a big Christmas dinner and opened presents! Brody was so fun this Christmas. The past Christmas's he has hated opening presents but this year he loved it!! I can't wait until our little man is here next year. I know he won't be too into Christmas but it'll still be so fun!!
 |
| Hello 20 week baby bump!! |
 |
| Brody busy opening presents... |
 |
| Trying on his dads toboggan and checking out Pa's present. |
 |
| Cheese!! |
 |
| He loves me taking a million pictures... |
Christmas day my family came over to our house to have brunch. Mom and Dad cooked, well I helped - I did cinnamon roll casserole. Minga came back from Atlanta with mom so she was here too!
 |
| Jake, Ben and Minga waiting on the food to be ready. |
 |
| Mom and Dad cooking. |
 |
| The spread! Dad is ready to eat! |
 |
| Kaleb had to pass out all the presents! Too precious!! |
 |
| Adorable!! He is at such a fun age!! |
 |
| Opening presents! |
 |
| Dad goofing off with his bow! |
 |
| Loved having Minga with us!! |
 |
| The Chandler Family with Minga!! |
 |
| Sweet big boy!! |
 |
| Mom, Dad, and Minga |
Christmas night we went over to Ben's other grandparents house for dinner. I never remember to take pictures over there! But we had a great time seeing all of them. There were two new babies this year. Next year we will have two more which means there will lots of little kids running around!!
Ben and I had such a great Christmas!! We are so blessed! The past three Christmas's have been really hard. In 2010, we were just beginning our infertility journey, but it seemed everyone around us was pregnant. In 2011 and 2012, we were still grieving the loss of Parker and Noah. This year was exciting and fun knowing that next year we will have a little boy crawling (maybe?) around. I can't wait. I can't tell you how many times a day I think God for the journey we've been on. It's not the one that I would have chose but we have learned so much and grown so much in our faith because of it. How can you not be thankful for the journey.We appreciate every second of this pregnancy knowing how quickly the happiness can be taken away.
No comments:
Post a Comment