Saturday, January 25, 2014

24 Weeks

How far along: 24 Weeks (January 19-25)

Size of Baby: Almost a foot long and about the size of an ear of corn or an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 5 pounds... we'll just leave it at that! (Edit: I had to go back on Friday and I was only up 4 pounds!)

Maternity Clothes: It's all maternity clothes these days. I'm even having to give up some of my comfy sweatpants because they aren't maternity and hurt the belly. I am not buying maternity sweatpants (do they even make such a thing?) so I'm making what I have work!

Gender: It's a BOY!!! I'm about 98.9% sure we're good to go on this name! 

Movement: He's moving and rolling and punching and everything he can possibly can do. 

Sleep: This may sound crazy but when I'm sleeping, I sleep great! Most nights it doesn't take too long to get to sleep but lately I've been waking up at like 3, 4, or 5 and can't go back to sleep. It's not that I'm uncomfortable or anything, I'm just wide awake!

What I miss: Lindsey and I made brownies this weekend and she licked the spoon. I am kind of missing being able to do that, but other than that I'm not missing anything too significant. 

Symptoms: I've been having some round ligament pain this week. And boy it hurts sometimes! But other than that I'm feeling really good!

Cravings: I bought these Dole Shaker things at the grocery store on Monday and they are good!! It took all my will power to not drink all the smoothies on Monday!

Best Moment this week: Another great appointment with Dr. Hudson!

What I am looking forward to: the bedding came on Tuesday! I was so excited to see it!! I love it and I can't wait to get started on the nursery!!

Doctor's Appointments: I went to Dr. Hudson's office on Monday and Tuesday. Monday was just for my weekly shot. I didn't do my normal appointment so that Ben could be with me on Tuesday. But unfortunately he wasn't able to make it Tuesday either. So I had to go alone on Tuesday too. I was a nervous wreck until Belinda walked in to check on the baby, even though he was moving around like crazy!! I was able to see Belinda and Dr. Bill. Everything is perfectly healthy with the baby! And all the problems I've been having seem normal! We talked about our "Exit Strategy"!! How exciting is it that we are getting close enough to talk about when I'll be having the baby! He said that we would induce between 37 and 38 weeks! Because I'm on blood thinner injections, I can't go into labor on my own. So we'll change from Lovonox to Heparin at 35 weeks and then induce a few weeks later! So that means we'll have a baby boy at the end of April!! Sometime after Easter! EEK!!! 13 more weeks! Can't wait!!

Well I wrote the majority of this post on Wednesday. All week long I had been having weird stomach pain. When I talked to Belinda about it on Tuesday, she seemed to think it was just round ligament pain. I wasn't too sure that's what it was. The pain would last for a couple of hours and then go away. Nothing I did make it feel any better. Thursday afternoon my back started hurting too. So I texted Belinda to see if she thought I should come in just to be on the safe side. I went and Dr. Bill measured my stomach and listened to the heartbeat. He also checked my cervix to make sure everything was still good there. It was. They checked my urine and said that there was blood and some bacteria in my urine. So they sent me home with antibiotics. Once I started the medicine my stomach and back started feeling much better. So instead of spending the weekend with Ben at the hunting club, I've been on the couch all weekend trying to get better. As upset as I want to be that I can't be with Ben, at least we caught the infection and I'm on antibiotics. It just makes me nervous since I went into labor with Noah because of an infection. 

Sometimes it's hard for me to tell my belly is growing, although it feels like he is constantly growing. But here is a fun pic to show that I have grown a little bit in the last 6 weeks! The left is 18 weeks and the right is 24 weeks.

No comments: