Friday, December 6, 2013

It's A .....

We found out the gender of the baby several weeks ago. One of the tests that the high risk doctor did was a blood test that separated my blood from the baby's blood to check the baby's blood for any chromosome issues. (Which is totally amazing!!! I mean, who knew that they could separate the blood like that!! Thank goodness for modern medicine!) While they are checking all the chromosomes, they also look for the sex chromosomes.

The nurse called me on Tuesday, November 5th, with the results. She told me that there were no issues with the chromosomes! (Praise God!!) I was so relieved! She also told me that they had checked the sex chromosomes. I asked if she could tell me what the sex was. And she said it is a....

BOY!!!!

Honestly, I was shocked!! But at the same time beyond excited!!! I knew I was having a girl! I think somewhere inside me, I wanted a girl for peace of mind and comfort. And to be honest, my reaction kind of surprised me! I was honestly so excited!! 

Ben was home because we were having some major drama in our neighborhood, so I went to find him and told him. He had basically the same reaction as me. We were both shocked but beyond thrilled!! 

We weren't planning on doing a gender reveal party this go around because we knew we would be finding out super early but didn't know exactly when so we just called all of our family. They were super excited as well!!

That afternoon we went to see Dr. Hudson. He decided to do an ultrasound to check everything out. It just so happens that our baby boy was sitting just right to see that he was indeed a boy!! It's funny because we weren't trying to see if it was right, (which the chromosomes can't lie - the test was right!) he just so happened to be sitting in the right position. We laughed with the nurse because if we had been wanting to see what we were having, he would probably not have been so cooperative. 




I really thought I would have more anxiety about having another boy but the anxiety that I've been having has nothing to do with the gender. My anxiety is just because of where I am in the pregnancy not because I'm having another boy.

One thing that I'm super excited about is that I have a stack of clothes that we got when we were pregnant with Parker. They have been hanging in the guest bedroom closet for two years now. This baby will be able to wear his big brothers clothes! That just makes me so happy. 

So we have been trying to come up with a name for this sweet baby boy. We finally have a list of about 6 names that we like. We think we have one picked out, but I'm not 100% yet. But at least we are making progress!


No comments: