Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update on Baby G

So we went to see the doctor today for our 10 week appointment. Can I just say I love my doctor!! I could never say that with Dr. S but Dr. H makes me feel so comfortable! And he seems genuinely happy for us! Anyway, that's not the point of the post...

I have been praying a lot about everything lately. I haven't let myself fully get excited about this pregnancy because I was afraid that something was going to happen. But last night and this morning, I had the biggest peace about everything. Then, of course, I started over thinking that peace. Was it a "everything was going to be okay" kind of peace or a "I am going to make it through whatever is going to happen" kind of peace. (I'm telling you, I over think EVERYTHING!!) Either way, I was going into this appointment happy.


I have gained one pound, which is surprising since I've been so sick. But I'm okay with the one pound... :) My blood pressure was perfect, according to my nurse. When Dr. H came in I got so nervous. We didn't do an ultrasound but he did the machine that listens for the babies heartbeat (I have no idea what that machine is called.) And thankfully, he heard the heartbeat pretty much immediately! I was so relieved! The heartbeat was 174.

I am going to start tomorrow with all the posts I have written about everything so far and then I will start on Saturday with my weekly post. I'm going to try and not turn this blog into a pregnancy only blog.... but honestly, it's going to be hard!

We got our first baby gift the other day in the mail from my sister. I cried when I opened it. It made all of this seem so much more real. And Mandy has been through what we did (and then some!) so I know she knows how I'm feeling! I put our first ultrasound pic in it because it's the only picture I have :) I think it will go great in the nursery whether it's a boy or a girl! Thanks Mandy! You have got to be the most thoughtful and caring person I know. Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement over the last few months! I love you!





No comments: