Friday, July 8, 2011

Finally Friday!! (Day 12)

It's finally Friday!! Yay! I'm super excited! I don't have many plans for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it!!

It's also Day 12 in the Summer Challenge... How you found out about Blogger and why you made a blog. Well I have always had a blog of some sort. I started out with Xanga and Live Journal. I love looking back at those posts to see what my life was like back then. Most of my posts are about the daily things that are happening in my life, no matter how insignificant I feel they are at the time. It makes me laugh at what I thought was such a big deal back then.

My blog now is really no different from the blogs when I first started. I want to remember how I feel about what we are going through. Our year of TTC was one of the toughest things as a couple we have been through and I want to remember that. Now that we are pregnant I want to document that too.

I struggle with how much to put on my blog. There are times when I want to put everything out there, but that leaves me completely vulnerable. After much thought and prayer about the situation, I decided that the blogging community is something that I am so thankful for. I think that this community came along just at the right now. Throughout our journey to conceive, the emails and the comments I received reminded me that I wasn't alone in the struggle and that I constantly had prayers coming my way. Blogging has allowed me to make friends that I never would have imagined I would have. It's a great thing!

Also... welcome anyone over from Jenna's blog.


14 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I used to have a livejournal back in the day too. I do love that I have it and can look back on the time. But honestly so much stuff I wrote is so embarrassing that i can barely go back and read it. I was a little ridiculous back in my high school & college days. Thankfully most of my entries were locked as private, and I can't imagine writing some of the tings I used to on my current public blog

Jackie Koll said...

Stopping by from Jenna's! I agree - its hard to always know what to share . . .but yet the blogging community is overall a great place

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Ohhh goodness! I used to have livejournal too! That's so funny that you said that because I honestly haven't though about LJ in a loooong time. I don't even remember my username or anything though. I wonder what I wrote?

Stopping by from Jenna's. :)
Have a great day!

Heidi said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm a teacher too. Also, I felt the same way about blogging. I have since found that it's a great way to keep our family up to date. We live 5 and 8 hours away from our family, so it's very helpful. So glad I discovered your blog on Jenna's.

Emily said...

Stopping in from Jenna's.

I use to be the same way about wondering what to put out there for the whole world to see. I have gone back and forth and even though I release my kids names and tell pretty much what goes one with us, I still feel "safe".

Tamika said...

Another Jenna's blog hopper! :)

I am new to blogging and am also not sure how much to blog - what do people want to read? Sometimes you don't know until you try and hit on something awesome.

Giggles said...

Hi there! Stopping here from Jenna's. I am getting ready to start my first year of teaching 2nd grade. Looking forward to browsing through your blog some more. Have a great weekend.

Oh, and my husband thinks that I share too much with the world but I am careful with what I share and how much I share.

Anna & Kirby said...

Stopped over from Jenna's...
I'm a teacher and about to start TTC :) Congrats on your pregnancy!

Brittany said...

Stopping by from Jennas! Congrats on pregnancy and I struggle too from putting too much on my blog but I have met some fantastic people.

Brittany
Brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

Kerry said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!
Hi :) Visiting from Jenna's challenge...will be back to read more!!
Have a great day :)

Maren said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. I too had a Live Journal site, but I honestly forgot my username (thank god) I don't know if I want to read what I wrote then!

Greer's Gossip said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Stopping by from Jenna's! Your blog is precious and so are your pups. We have a maltese whom we adore of course! :) I am also a teacher but I teach kindergarten. So glad to have found your blog!

Anna & Kirby said...

We are getting ready to start TTC and I wonder the same thing. I always tell myself, it's not for anyone else but my husband and I. So if we want to use this blog as a journal to remember TTC and more, than we should. Good luck with your pregnancy :)

Ixy said...

It is hard to know whether to draw the line sometimes. One of the reasons I blog semi-anonymously is so that I can be honest. My blog is a real outlet and that's possible partly because I'm not using my completely public name.