A Week Later...
June 17, 2011
Monday morning I had another doctors appointment for bloodwork. I got the results Tuesday afternoon. I knew the nurses were looking for my hcg levels to be above 3000 so I was praying really hard! When Nurse T called she immediately asked if I was ready for an ultrasound!? Of course I am!! My numbers were 13,799! Pretty good! I am going in for an ultra sound next Monday! I asked her why we had to wait so long and she said that if we did it sooner, we may not see a heart beat and that would only cause me to freak out! So she said the longer we wait, the better! I can't wait!!
I woke up Sunday morning not feeling good at all! I struggled all day with nausea but never really got sick. I didn't actually throw up until Wednesday night. Pretty much all day Thursday, I threw up everything I ate! It was not fun!! I called the doctor this morning and they called me in Zofran. We are going to Atlanta tomorrow to tell my grandparents and then Sunday is Father's Day. I knew I had to feel half way like myself to make it through this weekend! Luckily, I have felt okay today after the medicine! So I'm crossing my fingers that I stay okay this weekend!
The biggest moment (so far...)
June 20, 2011
I had my first ultrasound today. I was so nervous! I knew that everything was going to be okay but I wanted to see our babies heartbeat so stinking bad. I have had about a million ultrasounds and I was never as nervous as with this one. She wanted to check and measure everything (like my ovaries and uterus and a bunch of other non-fun stuff, as she put it :))so she wouldn't really let me see the screen. She said she didn't want me to see the fun stuff before she had a chance to measure everything because then she would get caught up in the excitement too and forget to measure something. Knowing that at any second I was going to see my baby, the baby that I had prayed so hard for, was about to kill me. Finally she put the wand over the baby and we could see it. It's the cutest little peanut looking thing ever!! I immediately felt so relieved that there was a heartbeat and everything seemed healthy. I have never been more excited! (The baby was measuring 6 weeks 3 days.)
Major Scare...
June 21, 2011
**The following post is TMI... But I want to remember every part of my pregnancy and this was very scary!**Well today hasn't turned out to be so well. I spent most of the day doing laundry and doing little things around the house. Not really doing to much because I don't want to over do it. This afternoon Ben went up to Premiere for a while and while he was gone I was watching TV and relaxing. You know that feeling you get when you get your period? You just kind of know you've started? Well as I was watching TV, I got that feeling. I ran to the bathroom only to realize I was in fact bleeding... a lot! At first, I really didn't know what to do. I didn't panic because I knew that wouldn't help anything. I went back into the living room and kept watching TV. A few minutes later when I went running back to the bathroom and I started freaking out because I was bleeding more!! I called Ben and told him to come home immediately that I thought I was having a miscarriage. While he was finishing up at Premiere, I called the on-call nurse and told her what was wrong. She said there wasn't a lot they could do for me now (since the doctors office had already closed.) She told me to stay off my feet and call the doctor first thing in the morning. I only ended up bleeding (and cramping a little bit) for about an hour and a half. I was scared to death. Ben was extremely worried. I stayed off my feet all night but fell asleep feeling pretty crappy and upset.
June 22, 2011
I called the doctor this morning and moved up my first OB appointment from Monday until today. I am supposed to stay off my feet until the appointment. Ben calls every hour to check on me. I haven't been bleeding anymore. I still feel a little bit crampy but not too bad.
The wait until my 2:00 appointment was excruciating. But when we got there it all seemed to be okay. I think it was just because none of the nurses I saw knew I was there because of a problem. When I finally told the nurse that was taking me back to my room, she didn't seem too worried. Then when I told my doctor's nurse and my doctor, they weren't freaking out either. I really didn't know how to take it all. But I knew that I wouldn't feel okay with everything until I saw my babies heartbeat again.The doctor did an exam and said he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He sent me to have an ultrasound and it felt like I had to wait FOREVER. When I was finally back in the exam room, we told the ultrasound tech why we were there and she still didn't seem concerned. When we finally started the ultrasound, the first thing she said was "Well it looks like a healthy heart beat to me." I was so excited! The baby had grown and was now measuring 6 weeks 5 days. Everything seemed great! When we got done and went back to see the doctor again, he really didn't have an answer for the bleeding. He said that everything looked normal to him. He said that some women bleed for no reason. He told me his wife had bled with 3 of his 4 children. He made me feel at ease with what was happening. He reassured me that everything was going to be okay. He told me that the fact that I was feeling sick and having other pregnancy symptoms was a good sign that everything was working the way it should.
No comments:
Post a Comment