Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Recap...

The week before Christmas, Spring Break, and the last week of school are very exhausting for a teacher. Friday afternoon as soon as I got in my car to drive home, the exhaustion hit me. I seriously did not know how I was going to make it home. I got home and decided I would lay on the couch for just a few minutes. Well Ben decided he wanted to watch Judge Judy... seriously? What 27 year old do you know that loves watching Judge Judy? After hearing one case, I had to get away from it. I find the people who go on that show amusing, but it does not make good napping TV. So I went to our room to change out of my work clothes and ended up laying on the bed. Well "a few minute nap" ended up being an all evening thing. I started watching some shows I had recorded. Ben ended up coming in there with me (after Judge Judy went off), we ordered pizza, ate it in bed and then went to sleep around 9:00... now seriously... we are old. We are watching Judge Judy and going to bed at 9:00 on a Friday night!

But I woke up Saturday morning feeling rested and like a new woman!!

I am spring cleaning this Spring Break... I am a cleaning mad woman!! Saturday, I got everything started. I was able to clean out our pantry and refrigerator. I also cleaned off all of our cabinets and doors in the kitchen. I noticed a while back that all of the doors in our house have this layer of red mud dust on it. So our kitchen doors and cabinets are now free of that dust!

Saturday night we had Amy and Chris over to cook out. I have been wanting steaks for a while! We were planning on making that our (mine and my dad's) birthday dinner but we ended up going to Mexican. So we had Amy and Chris over for a final cookout without a baby. The steaks were so yummy!!! After dinner we went up to Ben's Man Cave and watched The Next Three Days on the big screen. It was an okay movie. I thought it was going to be more about him and his wife on the run rather than just his plan to break her out.


Sunday we went to church and then came home. Ben worked in the yard and I had a lazy day. My stomach was killing me so I hung out on the couch and watched Criminal Minds pretty much all day.


Last night we went to Cracker Barrel for Cathy's birthday. It was delicious as normal! We ate, we shopped, and then we relaxed in the rocking chairs for like 20 minutes after we ate. It was a good night!



No comments: