Wednesday afternoon my mom and I headed over to Atlanta to see my grandmother for her 88th birthday. We got there earlier than expected so we went to see Nanny (my dads mom) for a few minutes. She was feeling really good. It was good to see her in such a good mood. She has a lot of issues with her back and a lot of the time doesn't feel very good when we see her, so it was nice that she was feeling so good! She was making a huge pot of vegetable soup while we were there. Unfortunately, we couldn't eat any because we were about to go celebrate Minga's birthday.
Me and my mom, my grandparents, and my Uncle Jerry and his wife and 4 of his boys went to eat at an Italian restaurant in Douglasville. It was really good!! They had the best rolls. They came out covered in butter and garlic. If you sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on them - they were heavenly!!
All the waiters and waitresses came out to sing to Minga. She loved it!
Isn't the birthday girl beautiful?
When he finished eating and laughing at each other, we headed back down to Minga's house. Two of my aunts came over to see Minga.
This is my mom with two of her sisters. Aunt Dottie, Minga, Aunt Judy, and my mom.
It took a few minutes to take the pictures of the girls. When my granddad realized we were done, we walked up to my grandmother and asked if she would take a picture with him too.
I had so much fun in Atlanta. I love being able to spend time with them. Granddad is 93 and Minga is 88. I am so thankful that they are both still so healthy. Neither of them have ever had any major health problems and to look at them, you wouldn't be able to tell that they were as old as they are! They are so funny! I love hearing them both tell stories and just talk to each other. I wish I lived closer so I could go see them more often!
Thursday, once I got back in town, we spent most of the at the hospital with my MIL. She is thankfully, doing much better!!
Friday was a day at work! It is so stressful catching up at work when you have been out. So when I got home Friday night, I didn't want to do a thing because I was exhausted!!
Saturday was the BIG game. Alabama vs. Arkansas! I read several blogs of girls from Arkansas so I knew how badly Arkansas wanted to win! I was so nervous! Arkansas played very hard and you could tell they wanted it badly. Luckily our boys squeaked by with a win! My blood pressure can't handle any more games like that!!
This is how Ben and Chris spent a lot of the second half of the game. Pacing back and forth!
Amy kept telling us that the game was much more enjoyable if you just sat down and didn't care quite so much! This is how she and Teddy watched the game! It's a good thing she has that attitude, because I don't think Baby Brodella can handle her blood pressure too high!!
We kept Bentley at home. I don't think he minded so much, because as soon I took this picture he was out! I think he probably slept the entire time we were gone!!
Today has been a great day! It's been rainy, so we've been lazy all day!! I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!




No comments:
Post a Comment