This weekend was good. Labor Day is always the perfect transition into fall. This weekend was no exception. The weather this weekend was amazing!! This was the first weekend that we have actually come close to fall like temperatures! It actually felt like we should be watching football.
Friday night we headed up to the lake. Dad cooked steaks to celebrate the good month that the Birmingham branch had. They were very good. After we ate we ended up watching TV and relaxing.
Saturday morning we woke up to the amazing temperatures. We sat on the screened-in porch for a while just enjoying the morning. Brett, Jodi, Marsha, and Braxton got to the lake a little before lunch. We spent the afternoon spending time with them. Jodi and Braxton ended up leaving because Jodi was sick so me, Kate, and my mom spent as much time with Braxton as we could!
We went on a late afternoon boat ride before getting the shrimp boil together for dinner. I think we have done so many that we are pros at it by now. Dinner was finished just in time for kick off! We ate and watched the Crimson Tide run all over San Jose State! Ben, Jake, Brett, and Marsha and my mom ended up building a fire on the dock after the game. I called it an early night because I was pooped!
Sunday we spent most of the day on the lake. We went for a boat ride, let the boys jump off the cliff, and then let the boys ride the tubes and sea-doos.
We came home about 6 or so. Ben and I stopped by Lowes on the way home to pick up the paint for his Alabama room. We worked in the Alabama room for a little bit and then went to bed.
Monday we woke up kind of early. Ben went to pick up the dogs from the vet and I cleaned the house. When he got home, he finished getting everything out of the room. I tried to help him get the couch upstairs but it didn't work. Chris and Amy ended up coming over and Chris and Ben were able to get the couch upstairs. Last night Ben's dad cooked ribs. After dinner the boys watched football, while the girls talked (mainly about all the pregnancies we have going on!)
This morning came WAY to early after getting home at nearly 11:30 last night! I am glad tonight has been a lazy night and I can go to bed early! I'm sorry this post is long and kind of boring but this was my weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment