Saturday, September 11, 2010

I will never forget!

I don't think anyone can forget what happened that September day in 2001. I was a senior in high school. I went to a christian school my senior year and it was Spiritual Emphasis Week. We had just finished worship in our morning chapel service when Clark White, one of our church pastors came onto the stage. He told us that one of the Trade Centers had been hit by a plane. At that time, we thought it was just an accident; had no idea that it was a terrorist attack. He prayed for New York City and the people on the planes and in the Trade Center. When chapel was over and we went back to our classes, we learned that the second plane had it and it was, in fact, a terrorist attack.


We were seniors and a lot of our boys had just turned 18 or were about to turn 18. We were all freaking out about what would happen if they started a draft again and which of our boys could possibly join to fight. It was very scary day. I think it put into perspective that we really don't know what the future holds for us.

I remember that night President Bush came on TV to talk to the Nation about everything that had happened. Our air condition in our house was out and I remember sitting on my bed eating dinner, crying while watching the President speak.




I think our country was forever changed that day. I pray that we never forget. I pray for all the families that were affected by this tragedy.

No comments: