So far a while now Ben has been saying that he wanted to buy a projector so that we could watch Alabama football game on the side of our garage. (A guy down the street has one and he gave Ben the idea)
Well I kept telling Ben that there were other things that we could spend the money on especially since there aren't that many games that we can watch on a projector outside. We would only be able to watch night games and until the time changes (or at least until the end of October) we wouldn't be able to watch the beginning of the games outside because it would still be too bright outside.
Well then Ben came up with another idea... Let's clean out the room above our garage (that we use as attic space) and put the projector in there. Well when Ben gets an idea in his mind, you may as well say yes, because he is going to drive you crazy until you agree. So I told him he could do it and that he better do it now before we have kids or he won't ever be able to.
So 2 weeks ago we started cleaning out our attic. I'm really embarrassed to say that the room looked this bad, but it did! We have just thrown everything up there and never actually taken the time to clean out and organize! Also I apologize for the bad quality... pictures were taken on my phone.
The before:
Ben getting excited that we are about half way through... Almost ready to watch BAMA!!
My biggest concern was furniture. A friend on facebook put that she had put some furniture on Craigslist. I sent her a message and told her if she hadn't sold it I would take it. We went and picked it up 2 days later!! It is in GREAT shape and was perfect for the room!! I didn't want to spend a ton of money to buy new furniture so this worked great!
The big chair:
The couch:
Bear thought we bought the furniture for him!
You can see the floor!! We ripped that desk out so that we would have more room for furniture.
After getting the desk out and the furniture in- Ben started working on the A's
working on the A's
The walls are painted, everything is in place, and Ben is hooking up the projector.
We'll be able to move the air condition unit out of the room in the next few weeks when Chris puts in the new unit. Once that is moved out, we can move Ben's chairs back and have more room.
Everyone watching the Alabama/Penn State game on the big screen. We set up a table with all the food on it so we wouldn't have to keep going back into the house for food.
This is what they were looking at... Penn State about to kick off the ball to start the game!
The room isn't finished. I am making curtains to go in the back to cover up the sound system equipment stuff. We also have to run the wires to everything so they can't be seen. We are getting a second DISH Network box so that will help with some of the wires.
Ben and I are very happy with the way the room turned out. We stayed under budget and were able to get everything we wanted for the room! And now I have a place to send Ben when I get mad at him!! :)
3 comments:
I just showed this to my husband and he is JEALOUS ; ) That room looks so great!!!
Love the new room! You guys did such a good job!
I love your flowers in the man cave!
Post a Comment