Saturday, June 19, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Proposals

Yesterday at Kelly's Korner was all about proposals... but since I spent 11.5 hours in my classroom yesterday, I didn't have time to write this post. So here it is, how Ben and I got engaged!

Ben and I got engaged on Dec. 2, 2005. 

I worked at an after school care at the time. He called me at work one day and said that when I got off he needed me to follow him to his house. See, his mom got a new car that day as well. We had been hiding her car at my house. Well when Ben's dad gave her the car he left his truck at my house. So I thought the plan was to follow Ben back to his house to take his dads car.

I found out later that he had actually told my best friend that he was planning to propose to me that night! She ended up telling Kate by pointing to letters in a magazine that we all happened to be looking at! I had no clue.


Anyways, I thought that once we had taken Ben's dads truck back we were going to go to eat at Olive Garden and then to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. Well, on the way to his parents house, Ben drove about 90 mph! He called me and told me his mom wanted me to come in a see the Christmas decorations but he had to use the restroom so he was going on in. When I walked in his house there were candles every where!! I walked into the living room and Ben was standing there with a puppy. All I could manage to say was, "Is that mine?" Asking about the dog. As if Ben was going to stand there with a puppy and then not give it to me. I walked around to where he was and he got down on one knee and proposed. I was crying like a baby the entire time but I did manage to say "YES!"

He got up and walked toward the back door and in walked both of our families!!

I had always said that I wanted to celebrate with our families once we got engaged so having them there made the night even more perfect!!

Ben actually set up the video camera so he could tape the whole thing. I was supposed to go and sit on the couch but he was so nervous that he forgot to tell me!! On the video, you can't see anything but you can hear us talking and then me laughing and crying when our families came inside.

Also Ben got Bentley (the puppy) about a week before he actually proposed. He and his family had to hide the puppy everytime I came over. I really only noticed one time when Ben's mom wouldn't come out of her bedroom. She poked her head out and said bye but that was it. I thought I had done something and she was mad a me. Turns out she had to hold Bentley or else he would bark! Oh and my mom got a puppy the same day!! She kept him a secret until the night of my engagement!!




I swear I wasn't planning on wearing sweat pants, but at sometime 
during the night I sat in dog pee so we had to wash the pants I was wearing!!

  
The next night, Ben and I and both of our families went and celebrated the engagement with a dinner at Copper Grill. 


 

No comments: