Last Friday was Ben's birthday so we had a big party for him up at the lake on Saturday. We invited his parents, sister and brother-in-law, and his grandparents (and, of course, my fam). We had so much fun.
Here are all the men in the living room talking before we got out on the water.
Ben's grandparents, Nanny and Pa, were excited about going on a boat ride.
Nanny was all smiles!
Ben's mom was excited too!
Enjoying the boat ride.
While we were on the boat, Ben drove us to the cliff and Kate, Jake, Ben and Chris all jumped off. Since it took me about 30 minutes to get up enough nerve last year to jump off the smallest ledge, I decided I would stay in the boat!
We spent the rest of the afternoon just playing around on the water. We went for several seadoo rides. Ben's parents had never been on one so they both went for a ride!
Ben's parents before our second boat ride.
We came in early afternoon so we could start cooking. Ben's dad grilled pork chops and Ben did a shrimp boil. Luckily, we have gotten smarter since last year and just used our turkey fryer and it really only took about 30 minutes!!
While we were cooking, Jake napped. Apparently all the cliff jumping was too much for him!
Ben staring at his final product!! It was so good!!!
The birthday boys with their yummy food!!
After we ate we went for one more boat ride before it got dark so we could ride the tube. Ben, Jake, and Chris road the tube like always. I think their goal is to see how fast they can go and how long they can hold on. I think it's safe to say - They all go way too fast but hold on really good!! I slowly (and straight) rode the tube home.



No comments:
Post a Comment