Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh the Adventures...

This weekend Lindsey and Justin came up to the lake from Douglasville. We have planned a few trips in the last few years, but for whatever reason, they fell through. So I think we were all pretty excited about this weekend.
A weekend away to just relax and soak up the sun!!
Well what is vacation away without a little drama?? I had been texting Lindsey back and forth pretty much all afternoon and knew that they were on their way to the lake and should be arriving about an hour after we did. Well not long after Ben and I got to my parents house, I got a text from her saying they broke down in downtown Birmingham. Let's just say it wasn't the best place for two Georgia rednecks to break down. At first, I honestly thought she was kidding... she wasn't. A belt came off and they were lucky they had at least made it safely to a gas station.

Luckily, Jake and Kate hadn't left home yet, so they were able to go help them. Jake drove them to an auto store to buy a belt. Justin tried, with little success to get the belt back on the car. He ran out of daylight. So they decided that they would head on up to the lake and have the car towed somewhere that could fix it.

My dad ended up having the car towed to the office in Cullman. We went to the office Saturday night and Justin worked on the car some more. After working on it for a while, he figured out that there was another part messed up too. My dad ended up taking him back up there Sunday and he was able to get it working.

In between all the working on the car, we were actually able to play on the lake!
All of us jumping off the cliff... I'm on the smallest ledge... peer pressure got me up there. I didn't want Lindsey to miss out on something fun just because I wouldn't do it.

Lindsey and my mom...

Jake and Justin riding the seadoos...

Me and Lindsey about to go on a seadoo ride.

I don't know what happened to my camera battery so I stole these pictures from Lindsey's facebook! We had a blast all weekend! I am about dead today though. It was very good to catch up with Lindsey and Justin. It has been so long since we've been able to actually talk to them. It was fun!

I can't wait for them to come back to we can do it all over again. Well, without the car drama next time!

No comments: