Kelly at Kelly's Korner does a "Show Us Your Life" Post once a week. This week we are supposed to show you what a typical day looks like. My days all seem the same so this is what a typical day in my 3rd grade classroom looks like for me...
5:30 - Finally roll out of bed after hitting the snooze button a million times!
6:30 - Leave for work with my breakfast with me and Rick and Bubba on the radio
7:15 - Arrive to work and get some last minute things done before the kids get into the room. Normally I change the info on the board (like the date and their homework), I turn on the Elmo and projector for thier morning work, I look over the AR report
7:30 - Kids arrive fully awake... Normally by this time I am just waking up all the way. I'm not really a morning person.
8:00 - 10:30 - We do reading and language arts. Right now we are focusing so much on the ARMT we don't have time for anything else.
10:30 - Lunch!! A little break for me to have some adult conversation...
11:00 - 12:00 - Math Intervention/Small Groups... This time changes daily because I have 5 kids out of the room for some other things so the number of kids I actually have in my room determines what I'll be doing.
12:00 - 12:40 My break... I plan for the next few days/weeks during this time. I also have conferences for time to time during this time...
12:40 - On Tuesdays and Wedensday my kids go to library and computer during this time. On Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays we do science or more ARMT Review
1:10 - 1:30 - Snack time
1:30 - 2:30 Math
2:30 - Start to pack up and clean up the room
2:45 - Walk the kids to the buses
3:15 - Leave school!! :) I love my job but I love this part of the day the best!
4:00 - Arrive home.... Normally I relax for a few minutes, check my e-mail or start straightening up the house...
5:30 - 6:00 Start cooking dinner. If we have something on TV to watch I like being done with dinner and the kitchen cleaned back up before we start watching TV...
7:00 - 9:30 Relax with Ben and the puppies...
9:30 - Start to get ready for bed. I like to be in bed by 10:00 but that doesn't always happen...
Thats my normal week day... It starts all over again tomorrow!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello fellow 3rd grade teacher! I'm assuming that the ARMT is your state testing? We start ours tomorrow. Can't wait until it's over so we can get back to teaching! I'm jealous that you have an Elmo in your classroom!
Hello! I am a fourth grade teacher. It looks like our days are very similar! I got jealous when I read about other teacher's days ending at 2:00! haha
Post a Comment