So last Tuesday I turned 26! I have been kind of down about getting another year older but it actually turned out to be a pretty great birthday.
The day started off getting the usual phone calls from my dad (it was his birthday too) and my grandmother. She had me laughing so hard but now I can't remember what we were laughing at. Once I got to school all my kids came running in screaming "Happy Birthday!!" A few brought me gifts even though I told them not to. I got the usual teacher gifts, stuffed animals, jewelry, cards, and such... All day long every time they asked to do something they would follow it with "but its your birthday."
Student: "Can we eat snack outside??"
Me: "No, not today."
Student: "But it's your birthday!"
Me: "Well, yes, it is my birthday, but it is also Tuesday which means we have a lot of work to do."
They did sing me happy birthday, twice actually. I made them wait until the afternoon and when they sang the first time I had two students in the bathroom. When those students came back they were disappointed that they didn't get to sing to me so the whole class sang again. They really made me feel special.
When I got home Ben had just gotten home too. He gave me some cards that I had gotten in the mail and then we headed inside. When I got inside I was opening the cards and he gave me two more cards, one from my mom and one from him. I was very excited to get some money from my mom and an itunes gift card from Ben. I didn't think anything about it. I had recently given him one so I thought he thought it was a good idea so I was happy about it.
He asked me if I liked it and I assured him I did. He said, "Are you sure?? I figured you wouldn't like it." At this point I honestly figured he was about to say if I didn't like it then he would use the card to download songs for himself. But instead he walked to our hutch opened a drawer and said, "I figured you like this better." And pulled out an....
YAY!! I was thrilled with the iTunes gift card but I love my iphone too!!! I have waited for a long time for one and I could not be happier...
Once I opened the phone we could not stop playing with it. We did manage to stop long enough to go eat at Cracker Barrel... It was yummy!! So overall my actual birthday was pretty good!
This post is LONG!! Sorry I didn't mean for it to be so long, but keep reading we're almost done!!
Saturday night Ben and I went with my family to celebrate our birthdays. We started out at the home show. It was pretty good. I like all the girly shows better but it was fun. Then we went and ate at Stix. I love that place. It was soo good!!!
Here are Jake and Kate eating at the restaurant. And below are me and Benji... These photos are taken from my phone. Not the best quality but you can tell who we are. :)
After we ate we decided to go bowling. We hadn't been bowling in FOREVER. We had so much fun!
Isn't this such a cute picture of my parents?? They are adorable!
Here is me and my mom. I thought at first something weird was going on with my hair but thats a person behind me. Looking back at all my pictures now I don't have a picture of me and my dad. We always get a birthday picture together.
Me and Ben. My eyes are really wide because it got dark during cosmic bowling and my camera goes crazy with the flash in dark places so I am reacting to the flash.
Jake and Kate... Jake's eyes are having the opposite reaction that my eyes had, his are closing..
This is the screen shot towards the end of the first game... In case you can't see it Ben is winning. We played two more games after this and I think he won one and Kate or Jake won the other. I know I didn't win any of them!! I need to practice more...
All in all I had a great birthday! I am excited to see what God has in store for me this year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was so excited for you getting the iphone! You have been blogging and facebooking about wanting one forever!
Post a Comment