Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A typical day..

Several of my favorite bloggers have done a "day in my life" post lately. I did one a few years ago when I was teaching. It's so fun to look back and see how my days change. I know I'm not going to be able to stay home with Tucker forever so I'm soaking every second of it now. So here our day from this past Monday.

Technically my day start at almost 3am when Tucker woke up to be fed.

6:45 Wake up to feed Tucker. Generally my routine is change his diaper, nurse him for as long as he will nurse and then give him a bottle. I'm not making much milk but I want him to get the nutrients from what I am making so this is what we are doing for now. The whole routine typically takes about an hour.

7:45 Ben leaves a little later for work this morning. It was nice to be awake while he was getting ready for work to talk to him before his day. Once he leaves, Tucker and I go back to bed for a while.

8:45 The dogs didn't want to sleep much longer, so I'm back up for the day. Tucker is still sleeping. I eat breakfast and start cleaning. I have to wash bottles, which I feel like I'm doing constantly! I also straighten up the living room. It seemed we were in and out all weekend but somehow our house got so messy!

9:15 Made up the bed but ended up laying back down on it. I didn't actually go back to sleep but I rested.

9:45 Tucker is awake. Get him up and get him dressed for the day. I also feed him again.

11:00 Put Tucker in the swing for a bit while I straighten up the rest of the house. Once I'm done cleaning a bit, I catch up on some DVR shows.

1:30 Tucker is hungry again.

2:00 Minga and mom get here. I have been waiting for a long time for Minga to be able to meet Tucker!

3:30 They didn't stay long since they were just getting into town. I fold some of Tucker's clothes. (Does that ever get old?? I love little baby clothes!) Apparently, folding clothes wore me out. I was planning on doing more laundry but I was tired so I layed on the couch and watched TV.

4:30 Surprise, Tucker is ready to eat again!

6:00 Ben's home! This is my favorite time of the day. I love seeing Ben with Tucker and I love having someone here to help! Tucker falls asleep so I sit outside while Ben works on the sea-doos.

7:30 Feed Tucker again. His stomach ends up hurting so I hold him longer than I normally do.

8:30 Finally eating dinner! (While holding Tucker)

9:00 Fold the clothes I was supposed to fold earlier and finish the other laundry.

10:00 Get Tucker all ready for bed.

10:20 Feed Tucker one last time.

11:15 Go to bed exhausted. Tucker will be hungry again soon.

So there's my day. I feel like all I do is feed Tucker. I don't feel like I should be so exhausted but I am. I know babies don't keep so I am soaking up every bit of time I can! And I'll sleep again one day!

No comments: