I'm going to start doing these updates again. I don't know if I'll do them weekly but I know I'll do them at least every other week. I have loved that I could go back and see things from my pregnancies with Parker and Noah that I had forgotten. So I hope you enjoy... if you don't skip over these posts!


How far along: 12 Weeks (October 27-November 2)
Size of Baby: According to babycenter.com, the size of a lime.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I lost 6 pounds between my first visit with Dr. S (4 weeks) and my first appointment with Dr. H. (8 weeks). I've gained two pounds back since then.
Maternity Clothes:I'm mostly in maternity clothes when I put real clothes on. The PJ's and comfy pants I typically wear around the house aren't maternity! :) Most of my normal tops still fit though.
Gender: We'll find out in less than 10 days when the blood work comes back!
Movement: According to the ultrasound from Friday, this baby is a moving and a shaking but I'm not feeling it yet!
What I miss: Simple things like brush my teeth and walk into my pantry without getting sick. I think it's getting better, though. Other than that, I don't miss a thing!
Sleep: Sleep was horrible a few weeks ago. I got the pregnancy pillow out and I've been sleeping pretty good since then. I normally get up at least once during the night to use the bathroom but luckily I go right back to sleep.
Symptoms: I've been pretty sick again this go around. I started getting sick about 6 weeks. While I was working I would take zofran just to make sure I didn't get sick while teaching. But once I stopped working, I had to take it every six hours. I would still throw up most days but I think it would have been worse if I hadn't been on zofran. The past few weeks, I've slowly been able to do things like clean the kitchen or cook dinner. And I think I'm getting some energy back.
Cravings: I was loving any spicy food I could get my hands on. Then I had an upset stomach one day and I'm nervous about eating foods that are too spicy!
Best Moment this week: Last Friday finding out that there weren't any genetic problems with the baby!
What I am looking forward to: Getting the results from the blood test and finding out what Baby G is!!!
We had a small scare on Monday. I started spotting. It wasn't much at all but it still freaked me out! I called the nurse, so thankful to have her cell phone number!! She told me that I could go to the ER or I could wait and just be at her office at 8am Tuesday. After thinking about it, Ben and I decided to go on to the ER. We were both so nervous and we just wanted to know if everything was okay. We got there and there were basically no empty seats, so we knew it was going to be a long night of waiting. Long story short, I ended up texting the nurse to tell her about the wait time. The on-call doctor for my practice ended up just meeting me at her office to do a quick ultrasound. The second she put the wand on my belly Ben said he could see the heart beat! And the baby was moving around like crazy! I was immediately relieved! I ended up going on to see my doctor Tuesday morning. He listened to the heart beat again and checked me. He said everything looked completely normal. He said that I could have had a blood vessel burst. Plus the blood thinner shots I'm on make the smallest drop of blood way worse! He told me that some tests had come back from my appointment the previous week that showed I may have had an infection. He went ahead and treated me as if I did just to be on the safe side. I am so thankful for a great group of doctors! I love them and trust them with everything I have going on!
We had a small scare on Monday. I started spotting. It wasn't much at all but it still freaked me out! I called the nurse, so thankful to have her cell phone number!! She told me that I could go to the ER or I could wait and just be at her office at 8am Tuesday. After thinking about it, Ben and I decided to go on to the ER. We were both so nervous and we just wanted to know if everything was okay. We got there and there were basically no empty seats, so we knew it was going to be a long night of waiting. Long story short, I ended up texting the nurse to tell her about the wait time. The on-call doctor for my practice ended up just meeting me at her office to do a quick ultrasound. The second she put the wand on my belly Ben said he could see the heart beat! And the baby was moving around like crazy! I was immediately relieved! I ended up going on to see my doctor Tuesday morning. He listened to the heart beat again and checked me. He said everything looked completely normal. He said that I could have had a blood vessel burst. Plus the blood thinner shots I'm on make the smallest drop of blood way worse! He told me that some tests had come back from my appointment the previous week that showed I may have had an infection. He went ahead and treated me as if I did just to be on the safe side. I am so thankful for a great group of doctors! I love them and trust them with everything I have going on!

No comments:
Post a Comment