Wednesday, November 6, 2013

13 Weeks


How far along: 13 Weeks (November 3 - 9)

Size of Baby: According to my what to expect app, it's the size of a lemon, about 3 inches and 1.5 oz.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My weight fluctuated again this week. When I went in last Tuesday after I had some bleeding I had lost three pounds, but yesterday I had gained 2 more. So I'm still 5 pounds under the weight from my first appt.

Maternity Clothes:I'm mostly in maternity clothes when I put real clothes on. The PJ's and comfy pants I typically wear around the house aren't maternity! :) Most of my normal tops still fit though.

Gender: The blood work is back and we know what we are having!!! I'm going to hold off posting it on here though!! Check back in a few weeks!

Movement: I thought I felt something one day but I think it was just gas! haha! TMI I know! Hopefully over the next few weeks, I'll start feeling this munchkin move!

What I miss: Not much this week!

Sleep: Pretty good. It takes me a while to get to sleep but once I'm asleep I sleep great. I've been getting up to use the restroom two or three times a night, but luckily I go right back to sleep.

Symptoms: I've gotten sick a few times over the last few days but overall I'm feeling pretty good!

Cravings: Nothing really. Most days food in general just sounds gross!

Best Moment this week: Getting the phone call yesterday that the blood work came back perfectly normal! There were no problems with any of the chromosomes! And we got to find out what Baby G is!! We also had an ultrasound yesterday afternoon to check my cervical length and confirmed the gender!

What I am looking forward to: Starting to feel even better, continuing to share the news of the gender with everyone, and making it another week in pregnancy.

At my doctor appointment yesterday, I expressed my concerns for all the things I've been noticing lately. Nothing big just some cramping and stuff. The doctor ended up checking my cervical length to make sure its all good - and it was! They also ended up teaching Ben how to use a doppler. We are going to borrow one from a friend so the nurse spent some time teaching him exactly how to use and what to do if he couldn't find the heart beat at first. I think it will make both of us feel better once we can hear the heart beat any time we want!


1 comment:

The Chandler's said...

THATS AWESOME YOU ARE GETTING TO BORROW A DOBBLER THING!
Yall are going to LOVE it! =)
Love yall!