Two weeks ago, I was freaking out a little bit and called my nurse. To make me feel better, she told me to come on in and see if we could hear the heartbeat! So we did! I was so nervous as always but we found the heartbeat immediately. It was super high and everyone is convinced it's a girl!
So this past week, we went back to see Dr. H. I just love going to see them! I feel so at home. They checked the baby's heart beat again, which is always a fun thing to hear! We also talked about infections. Since I went into labor with Noah because of an infection, I'm nervous that it is going to happen again. They checked me for any kind of infection, but the test they did will take a few weeks to come back. Basically, the plan is to just keep a really close eye on me. I'm supposed to watch my body and call them at the first sign of any changes.
Friday was my big appointment with the high risk doctor, Dr. G. They were doing a big anatomy ultrasound to check for any genetic issues. I was so nervous! Thursday afternoon I had an upset stomach. I happened to have an really bad upset stomach the day before I went into labor with Noah, along with many other symptoms. So my stomach issues had me completely freaked out! I called my nurse again and she told me she thought I was going to be okay. Friday morning, I was so anxious to hear whatever news they were going to give us. I just wanted to appointment over with!!
I have to say this though, I didn't sleep very good Thursday night. Every time I woke up, I would start thinking about the appointment. When Ben's alarm went off Friday morning I, of course, woke up immediately. But I had the biggest sense of peace. I just knew everything was going to be okay.
So, we get to the appointment and are called back to the ultrasound room pretty quickly. The ultrasound tech first measured the position of the baby before she zoomed in to get a better look. I really couldn't see the screen at this point. I didn't realize that I was holding my breath until she zoomed in and turned the screen to us. The heart beat was all I wanted to see at that point, and I saw it quickly!! I could breathe at least for a few minutes. She continued with all the measurements. I know that I have a lot of ultrasounds of all my babies but I have never been more amazed than I was at this one. The baby is so tiny right now and it was awesome to see everything up close. They saw all the organs, the bone in the nose, arms, and legs. They measured the space between the base of the neck and the spine, checking for Down Syndrome. The measurement is supposed to be less than 6, they really want to see less than 3. Ours measured 0.8. So we are clear there!! They checked the valves in the heart to see if there were any heart issues. The blood was flowing just like it was supposed to. They also checked the umbilical cord to see if it was doing what it is supposed to do and it was.
After the ultrasound, we talked to the nurse practitioner about the results. She was very pleased with everything that she saw. We did blood work next. They are going to separate my blood from the baby's blood and check for any chromosomal issues. Because they will be looking at all of the chromosomes, they will be able to tell us the sex of the baby when the results come in! Less than 10 days and we will know what we are having!!! Can't wait!!
Ben and I were so relieved after the appointment. I don't think either one of us realized how nervous we were! We were basically giddy once we left. The plan now is to go back to see Dr. G in 4 weeks to check the length of my cervix and run a few more tests. Even though I'm almost out of my first trimester, we aren't in the clear yet! I probably won't feel like I'm in a "safe zone" until I get out of my second trimester!
Thanks for all the prayers over the last few weeks! Please continue to pray for this sweet little baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment