How far along: 14 Weeks (November 10-16)
Size of Baby: According to my what to expect app, it's the size of a lemon, about 3 inches and 1.5 oz.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: My weight it still fluctuating, but on average I'm still down about 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity Clothes: I'm mostly in all maternity clothes. Some of my regular tops are too short to wear.
Gender: The blood work is back and we know what we are having!!! I'm going to hold off posting it on here though!! Check back in a few weeks!
Movement: I've felt a few little things but I'm not so sure it was the baby. And surely nothing consistent.
What I miss: A quick bed time routine. Some nights I'm so tired, I just want to wash my face, brush my teeth and get in bed, but I have to take my shots and then take all my medicines, some of which aren't so easy. I feel like I'm exhausted when I walk into the bedroom but by the time I do all that, I'm wide awake again.
Sleep: Pretty good. Can't really complain.
Symptoms: I've gotten sick a few times over the last few days but overall I'm feeling pretty good!
Cravings: Nothing really. Most days food in general just sounds gross!
Best Moment this week: Another good week of doctors appointments.
What I am looking forward to: Making it one more week in pregnancy!

Note: I cropped my head out of this picture. This was taken at 10:00 at night after a long day! I was exhausted and it showed!! But I knew I probably wouldn't be back in normal clothes for a few days so I had to have Ben take a pic. Also I'm not real sure what is going on with my shirt. I think its bunched up on my stomach making my stomach look like there is something sticking out of it. Weird!

Note: I cropped my head out of this picture. This was taken at 10:00 at night after a long day! I was exhausted and it showed!! But I knew I probably wouldn't be back in normal clothes for a few days so I had to have Ben take a pic. Also I'm not real sure what is going on with my shirt. I think its bunched up on my stomach making my stomach look like there is something sticking out of it. Weird!
How far along: 15 Weeks (November 17 - 23)
Size of Baby: According to my what to expect app, it's the size of a avacado, about 4-5 inches and 3-5 oz.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:I think this week is the first week, I actually haven't lost anything. I'm still about 5 pounds down.
Maternity Clothes: Yep. Pretty much everything is maternity these days.
Gender: We know what we are having from the blood work and have had two ultrasounds to prove it. I'll announce it sometime soon on here... I just haven't written the post about it yet.
Movement: Nothing yet.
What I miss: Not much this week!
Symptoms: Other than throwing up on occasion, the main thing I've been dealing with is constipation... I know TMI. I'm just going to leave it at the fact that its been a long uncomfortable week! I can say now that I feel much better!!
Sleep: Well I didn't sleep very good at the beginning of the week. But sleep is much better now!
Sleep: Well I didn't sleep very good at the beginning of the week. But sleep is much better now!
Cravings: There still isn't anything that just sounds so good. I go through moods where food in general sounds great and I could eat anything and other times where I want nothing to do with food.
Best Moment this week: I've had two ultrasounds this week, one at reg. OB and one at high risk OB. My cervical length looked great during both! And it's always fun to see the baby swimming around like crazy.
What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving!! I was so disappointed about being on bed rest during the holidays because I love going to see my family in Atlanta and now I won't be able to travel! But my grandmother is going to be with my mom over here this year so we are having dinner at my brother and sister-in-laws house... I can't wait!! I'm not thinking about Christmas yet because I'm going to be super upset about not being in Douglasville this year - so I'm just ignoring it for now.
Doctors Appointment: I went to Dr. Hudson on Tuesday. We did an ultrasound to recheck my cervical length. It was great!! While the tech was doing the US, I had her check my ovaries for a cyst. I had been having some pains and I thought it was a cyst. My ovaries were clear but she did notice a spot that looked like it could have been Braxton Hicks. While talking to the doctor, he gave me some low dose blood pressure medicine that I can take to relax my uterus and stop the contractions. I took some Wednesday night and it did nothing for the pain I was in.
I went to the high risk doctor on Thursday. They also checked my cervical length, which still looked good! I also talked to her about changing the progesterone I was on. After talking to her about the Braxton Hicks and cramps I had been having, she decided to change it to a weekly shot. The shot is supposed to help with pre-term labor. The only thing is I have to take them each week and can't stop or it will send me into labor. But it's one more precaution we can take to keep this baby in as long as possible. Then I informed her how constipated I have been. So she told me to take some meds to clean myself out. I've never been constipated so I had no idea that all the pain I was feeling was from that. I feel like a whole new person! And I haven't been having any pain since yesterday. Seriously its amazing how much better I feel!! So now I'm second guessing if we should change to the shots or not. I'm going to talk to Dr. Hudson about it on Tuesday and see what he thinks.
Doctors Appointment: I went to Dr. Hudson on Tuesday. We did an ultrasound to recheck my cervical length. It was great!! While the tech was doing the US, I had her check my ovaries for a cyst. I had been having some pains and I thought it was a cyst. My ovaries were clear but she did notice a spot that looked like it could have been Braxton Hicks. While talking to the doctor, he gave me some low dose blood pressure medicine that I can take to relax my uterus and stop the contractions. I took some Wednesday night and it did nothing for the pain I was in.
I went to the high risk doctor on Thursday. They also checked my cervical length, which still looked good! I also talked to her about changing the progesterone I was on. After talking to her about the Braxton Hicks and cramps I had been having, she decided to change it to a weekly shot. The shot is supposed to help with pre-term labor. The only thing is I have to take them each week and can't stop or it will send me into labor. But it's one more precaution we can take to keep this baby in as long as possible. Then I informed her how constipated I have been. So she told me to take some meds to clean myself out. I've never been constipated so I had no idea that all the pain I was feeling was from that. I feel like a whole new person! And I haven't been having any pain since yesterday. Seriously its amazing how much better I feel!! So now I'm second guessing if we should change to the shots or not. I'm going to talk to Dr. Hudson about it on Tuesday and see what he thinks.

No comments:
Post a Comment