One thing that definitely hasn't changed is our God. I remember reading in Angie Smith's book "I Will Carry You," that when she got the devastating news of her daughter she prayed and prayed. One thing that stuck with me was that she kept saying God is the same God he was before they walked into that room to hear that news. The God that I serve is the same God today in my grieving that he was last Saturday when I was excitedly shopping for maternity clothes. He's the same God that we praised when we saw that positive pregnancy test. He is the same God that brought us through all the heartache after losing Parker. We'll make it through this too, with His help.
His timing in everything is amazing to me. Here we are in the midst of another heartache. I was catching up on twitter/facebook/pinterest the other day and I kept seeing people talking about a devotion they had been doing. The website is http://shereadstruth.com/. It's basically a group of people working through a devotional together. I am following the plan on my youversion (Bible) app on my phone. There is a devotional part and then a few Bible verses. It has been exactly what I've needed to hear. The first few days were about not worrying and trusting God in His perfect timing.
It's so easy during hard times to let bitterness set in. I don't want to become one of those people who hates life just because her current circumstances are less than desirable. I trust God with all my heart and I know that he brings restoration. Only he can turn turns our mourning into dancing, take our weeping turn it into laughing, and take our sadness and turn it into joy!
Ben and I are spending the week at the lake. And we're enjoying views like this one...





1 comment:
Heather, my heart aches for you and your family but you are so right. God's plans are so much greater. Sending love and prayers your way.
Post a Comment