Back in early May, we decided to go to Talladega. Normally, when we go over there, we go for the weekend and camp out. But this time we decided to just go for the day. One of Ben's customers is one of the promotional guys for the racetrack. He always ends up giving us great deals on fun stuff. This year we got hospitality tent passes. There were about 8 or so tents and all of them had free food and whatever else you wanted. It ended up being awesome because the morning of the race, it was pouring down rain! So we still were able to enjoy everything without being soaking yet!
One of the perks of being in the hospitality tents was a meet-and-greet with some of the drivers. We were in one of the tents staying dry and didn't realize that it was going on. I went out to find mom, only to realize Dale Jr. was speaking. I figured she was somewhere in the crowd so I stopped to listen for a while. He did reveal that he has a girlfriend but that he never intends to get married... I just hope she knows that!
We had pit road passes but we decided not to worry about going down there. It had stopped raining so we just headed straight to our seats.
I accidentally sent Ben on a wild goose chase. I saw some fans walk in with pizza and it looked so good. Ben offered to go get me some. Apparently, you had to buy it outside the track and bring it in. Because he walked the length of the track and didn't find anything. But he still loved me enough to take a picture with me once he got back!
We had fun. We decided that if we go back just for the day again, the hospitality tents are definitely the way to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment