The Saturday before Mother's Day we all headed to Atlanta to see my grandparents. We went to see Minga and Granddad first. It was such a pretty day that after visiting inside with them for a bit we went outside and took Kaleb for a stroll in an old wagon.
Everytime someone in the family drives a new car Granddad has to go inspect in and make sure he approves. Since he was so weak from having a cold we bundled him up and took him outside in his wheel chair to see Jake and Kate's new car. He loved it!
We also took the opportunity for a quick picture with him and Minga.
My Uncle Craig sent Minga some really pretty flowers for Mother's Day.
After all the fun outside, we went back in to visit and play a little more.
Uncle Ben was chasing Kaleb around the living room.
We left Minga and Granddad's and headed to see Nanny.
On our way home from Atlanta, we stopped and got some flowers to put on Ben's great grandmother's grave. We definitely miss her! She would have been tickled pink that she was the only one that had flowers!
On Mother's Day, Ben and I went to church and then spent the day with his side of the family. Church was amazing, but incredibly hard. I haven't written much lately about it on here, but the emotions you go through after loosing a baby and then getting pregnant again are strange. I want to be excited for this new baby (and I am excited) but at the same time I feel like I am just completely forgetting about Parker. It's hard. Pastor Jay spoke on lessons we can learn from Hannah in the Bible. She struggled for a while before she was able to get pregnant. He talked about what it was like for her to want and want for a baby and then give him back to the Lord once he was here. Now my story isn't exactly the same but I feel like I did have a lot in common with Hannah. I read several books about her while we were trying to get pregnant. I felt like Pastor Jay was speaking directly to me the entire sermon.
After church, we went back to Ben's parents house and had lunch with them. We rested for a little bit before headed to see Ben's dad's mom. And then ended up eating dinner with Ben's mom's parents. It was a fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment