Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alabama Wreath

Well in my time off over the last few weeks I have had a lot of time to browse Pinterest, which I am obsessed with! I have been seeing cute Alabama wreaths that looked so simple to make. So I decided to try to make a rag wreath... Since I couldn't drive my mom took me to Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart last week.

Here are my supplies... I got the wire wreath, footballs, and houndstooth ribbon at Hobby Lobby and I got the fabric at Wal-Mart... I hate the Bessemer wal-mart with a passion, but it has a fabric department, so I sucked it up and went there!


I took all the fabric and cut it into strips. My strips are about 1.5 inches wide and about 8 inches long. I ended up cutting the ribbon in half because I didn't like how it tied being this thick.

And I tied the strips in double knots around the wire wreath... I thought I took pictures of the process but apparently I didn't. Just keep tieing the strips in whatever pattern you like.

I did take a picture of this cutie watching me... Bentley sat there forever just staring at me.

I had sticker paper that I used to make my Alabama ornaments a few years ago, so I just found a picture of an Alabama A on the Internet and printed it on the sticker paper. I cut the A out and put it on the football. I then hot glued ribbon to the football to attach it to the wreath.

The finished product... I love the way it turned out. It only took a few hours to make.
We're watching the game outside again tonight so this is the perfect wreath to welcome everyone to the party! ROLL TIDE!

 

1 comment:

Lindsey Ray said...

Now I want to make one of these!!! :) Love you!