Saturday, October 29, 2011

5th Annual Pumpkin Carving


Last night we got together for our 5th Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. (I had to go researched to see how many years we had been doing this! I knew that we had been doing it for a while so I went back and looked at all my past pictures... We started in 2007! Can't believe it's been that long! Our group has been through a lot in those 5 years.)



We kind of planned it last minute and surprisingly everyone but Barbara, Kevin, and Aubrey were able to attend. (We missed them though!) Amy, Chris and Brody joined us this year! After we ate a big bowl of chili we decided it would be great to get pics of the boys in their Halloween costumes. I haven't laughed as hard as I did last night in a long time. I was seriously about to pee in my pants taking pictures of the boys!!

 



Kaleb was not happy at first!! Kate was able to calm him down quickly and she put him on the couch next to Brody. Kaleb was fine once he sat down. It was funny because once Kaleb sat down Brody wasn't so sure he wanted to be taking pictures. Kaleb reached over and patted his back and the grabbed his hand as if to say, "It's okay, they are just taking pictures!" Then Kaleb kept falling over and it looked like he was trying to eat the banana on Brody's costume... so funny.





After we had tortured the boys enough, we went on to pumpkin carving. We let the husbands take the tops off and then get all the insides out. I decided to do a polka dotted pumpkin. I saw one on Pinterest and thought it was too cute!! So I got out Ben's drill and used pretty much all the drill bits to make my holes. It was quick and easy! And it turned out half way cute!! Kate and Jake did a scream face. Jake ended up using a saw to cut the face out. Anna and Alex did Snoopy. And Chris and Amy started to make an Alabama A but it messed up so they ended up doing big squares! 






We had a great time and I am glad we were able to get together!! Nights have been really hard on me lately because I have more time to think about what has happened. I think getting together is good for us all. We are all going through different things that are equally hard and we need to be with family and friends. It's good to just be able to sit back and enjoy this season of our lives. I know God has great plans for us all and one day we will be able to look back on this season and know we made it through it! 


    

No comments: