Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gatlinburg

A couple of weeks after Parker was born Ben and I went with Amy, Chris, and Brody to spend the weekend with Ben's grandparents in Gatlinburg. His grandparents were spending a few weeks in Tennessee so we went to visit them. Ben and I made the decision to stay in a hotel rather than a motor home. Since I was still recovering from having the baby and my emotional state was not so great, we thought that would be the best idea.

We left Thursday around lunch and got there just in time for dinner. We hung around the camp site for a bit with everyone then Ben and I headed to find a hotel. Finding a hotel wasn't really hard in Pigeon Forge, but it was hard finding a room without bed bugs! Ben always checks our beds in hotels for bed bugs and has never found anything. But this time was different. He searched for a lot longer than he normally does. When he found one I was immediately grossed out! I knew we weren't staying in that room. He went and told the manager that he found bed bugs and they gave us a new room. Ben searched the second room over thoroughly!! And luckily it was as clean as a whistle!!

Friday we got up and headed back to the camp site. We ate a yummy breakfast and then headed out to shop. We spent the day Friday shopping and eating in Gatlinburg.

Once we finished shopping, we went to Cade's Cove. I thought I have driven through there before, but I don't remember it. It was just about to get dark so we saw so many deer. We also spotted a mama bear and a few of her cubs. One of the cubs climbed up in a tree and walked all the way out one limb. I just knew it was going to fall, but thankfully it didn't!









 Saturday we went and shopped around a little bit. We came back to the camp site to watch the Bama game. It was a pretty good win over Arkansas!





 Sunday we ate a late breakfast and fed a few of the campground ducks.



We headed home shortly after that. Our trip was good. It was nice to get away for a bit and not have to think about things.

No comments: