Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yummy Rainbow Cake

I made the rainbow cake that Mckmama told us about about. But I messed up from the beginning... I was supposed to use White Cake Mix but ended up with Yellow cake mix...

Then when trying to decide whether to choose Neon food coloring or regular food coloring I was distracted by 2 grown men talking about baking on the baking isle of Piggly Wiggly. I couldn't concentrate because of their riveting conversation. In my head, I decided to go with the regular colors but apparently my body wanted the neon. So when we got home we had neon! :)

So following the directions on the back, I added my eggs, water, and oil and mixed it together then beat it for 2 minutes.

Added the food coloring and started baking...
Somehow between putting the cakes in the oven to bake and putting the icing on them I forgot to take pictures of the assembly process.

HOWEVER, I did take pictures of the finished product.
Family Tested. Family Approved...
**Note - some of the colors of the rainbow are missing (and the ones that are present are neon) but I was a little busy getting ready for New Years Eve celebrations and cleaning red mud off my white floors... Oh that'll be a post for another day..
**Also - for some reason the bottom layer wanted to fall apart. I have no idea why. It probably had nothing to do with the fact that I tried to start layering before the cake was all the way cool.

I'll know next time!

No comments: