Saturday, January 23, 2010

To be 16 Again...

My nephew turned 16 a few weeks ago. Ben and I, along with my parents, went to Atlanta to celebrate his birthday last Saturday night.



He decided that a cookie cake would be the best thing for everyone. Apparently half the people there had been on diets and Saturday was their cheat day. They were SUPER excited that we could eat this!!

I did not see much of the girls that night. They ate dinner and then vanished into the playroom. They did come back out to get a bite of the cookie cake, only to return to the play room. I think Rachel is scared in this pic because she is hiding behind Brooke...


Chandler ripped through his gifts like nobody's business. In case you didn't know, 16 year olds are very hard to buy for. But apparently everyone had the same idea.... Money!! Lucky for him - he was able to combine all the birthday money with the Christmas money and get him a computer!!



It seems like yesterday we were rushing to get to Atlanta before Mandy had Chandler. My dad was happy because we got there in close to an hour and half (a trip that normally takes more than 2 hours).

It also seems like yesterday that I was being dropped off at the BJCC to celebrate my 16th birthday with a friend and Brittney Spears. Of course, it was the pre-Justin-Timberlake-break-up-Britney so she was still appropraite for a 16 year old to be watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its hard to believe how fast time goes Heather! Hope your week is great. Praying for you and Ben and the Grand Dogs. Jesus is with you in all things and you are a mighty woman in him. Thanks for letting you light shine on your blog, I really enjoy reading it:)
Robin