Saturday, March 8, 2014

So thankful

On the eve of my first baby shower there are so many emotions. I am so excited for tomorrow! I've really been reflecting on how truly blessed I am to be able to be having a baby shower at all. There were so many nights that I cried and cried because we couldn't get pregnant. Then cried again when we lost Parker and Noah. I've felt like I've been holding my breath for the last 30 weeks hoping to get to this point. It's not about the presents, it's just about the fact that we are able to celebrate this healthy baby boy. Through everything that we have been through over the last 4 years, God has been so good and so faithful. He's walked with us through everything and even had to carry us at times because we didn't think we could make it on our own. Actually, we knew we couldn't make it on our own. He has been the one constant through several years of ups and downs. So on the eve of my first baby shower, I praise him. I thank him for everything we've been through and being there for us through it all. And for giving me the opportunity to experience this blessing. I don't take any of this pregnancy for granted. And I am not taking the fact that I am having this shower for granted. I am super excited about it and so unbelievably thankful to my wonderful family for hosting this shower for me. 

No comments: