When she first got to town, Ben and I met her, my mom and dad at Chuy's with Jake, Kate, and Kaleb for Jake's birthday! It was so yummy!!
Minga was able to come to see mine and Jake's houses Thursday afternoon (7/18). I was so nervous! But I was proud to show off our little house! We ate dinner at Jake and Kate's house that night! But sadly I didn't take any pictures. Friday afternoon I went to the lake. Ben, Jake, Kate, and Kaleb came up Saturday morning. We spent most of the day playing around the dock. Minga kept saying she wanted to come down to the dock and go on a boat ride but we were sure if it would be okay. There are a lot of stairs leading to the boat dock. We were afraid that it would tire her out too much. But towards the end of the night, she came down there!
And, of course, once she got to the dock. We knew we had to get her in the boat! We helped her climb in and we went for ride. She was so excited!! She wanted to make sure we took plenty of pictures and wanted me to post it to "the facebook thing". She said over and over, that we shouldn't have waited until the last night at dark to go on a boat ride! It was so fun watching her have so fun!!
We had such a good visit with Minga. We are so blessed that we were able to spend these precious few days with her! I've always talked about how lucky I am to have such great grandparents. I love seeing Minga get around so good after losing my grandfather. She loved him with her whole heart but she's not afraid to keep living. She is almost 91 years old and you would never know it! She has given me such a Godly example of how to be a good wife and mother!
And while I'm talking about her... I'm not really sure who found it, but someone found an old diary of Minga's. It's a year long diary from 1957, the year my mom was born! It was also the only year that my grandmother had all 8 children under one roof. It was so special to read what she did day in and day out. It was funny, because some days all she would write was "Today, I did a big wash." You know those days she was exhausted chasing after seven kids while being pregnant with her eighth.
It makes me wonder what will ever happen to this blog. And what my kids will say about it one day!















No comments:
Post a Comment