Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beach

Ben and I had so much fun at the beach at the beginning of the summer! We left the Saturday that I got out of school. We took our time Saturday. We had to drop all the dogs off at the vet and the in-laws and run some other errands, but this is how we felt about our trip!

It was so great to finally make it to the beach!! This was our view most nights over the bay! The sunsets were gorgeous!!

The first week we were there, we were by ourselves. We spent most of the first few days hanging out on the beach or by the pool. We would stay out most of the day and then take our time getting ready for dinner. We were able to Face Time with Brody and Bentley one of the nights!


We had a sand castle artist beside us a few of the days. He made some of the coolest things!

We laughed at ourselves because this is how we had to take our "before dinner" pictures. When it's just the two of you, you have to improvise!
One night while we were out, we ended up at the Wharf. As we were walking around, a light show started. It ended up being really neat! 

Wednesday was probably the windiest day I have ever had at the beach! There is normally a slight cool breeze from the ocean, but this day there was a constant 20-30 mph wind. The sand would basically cut you in half. But because of the wind, we couldn't put our umbrella up. And as a result, I got fried! So Thursday, we were lazy in the condo in the morning and then we spent the afternoon at the golf course!


I took my book and rode around in the cart while Ben played. It was fun! That night we went to walk on the pier after dinner and saw a guy catch a shark! Then we went to the Hangout for a little bit!


Friday, my parents were coming down. It was cloudy Friday morning, so we went to Pirate's Cove for lunch. It is such a fun little place!
My parents got down Friday night and Jake and Kaleb came down on Saturday. We missed having Kate, but we had such a good time with this little man. He is growing up so fast!! We ate dinner at Docs and then went to the Wharf to see the light show again. Kaleb wasn't too sure about it, though.










 Sunday we rode over to Florida to a birthday party for one of Ben and Jake's friend. He had a giant water slide! It was so much fun!! I think Ben and I went down the slide more than any of the kids that were there. Kaleb was a little skittish at first but ended up loving it!!





While the Jake, Ben, and Dad were at meetings in the mornings, me, Kaleb, and mom hung around the condo. We played inside and in the pool.







When the boys got back from their meetings, we spent the afternoons at the beach. 



Then we continued our fun at good resturants! 



And having fun at our condo!




Ben and I had such a good vacation this year!! The only problem was it being at the beginning of the summer! I want to go back!! 

No comments: