Friday, September 14, 2012

Today...

One year ago today Parker was born. This whole week I've been remembering all that happened one year ago. I went into this week, thinking it was going to be super hard. But it's been an okay week. Tonight I went to see a sweet friend who is in the hospital with some complications. I sat in the same hospital just a few doors down that I sat in one year ago tonight. I almost lost it when her nurse walked in and I realized that she was my first nurse the night I went in with Parker. But I held it together and ended up not even saying anything to her! But leaving the hospital and headed home I really started thinking about how thankful i am for so many things in my life. So instead of posting the post I had planned for today I'm going to focus on things to be thankful for...

1. My family. They are awesome and so sweet and understanding. They have walked with us through this journey. They are hurting just as much as we are but are holding us together.
2. My friends. Especially the awesome ladies I spent the evening with. They make my days so much better. I look forward to being at work because of them. They make me laugh, let me cry, and completely understand that I'm crazy sometimes. I love them!
3. Ben. Naturally he wants to fix everything. He tries his best to make me happy. I feel like I take him for granted a lot. I couldn't do this life without him.
4. A sweet group of kids this year. Last year was a rough group of kids There were many days that I questioned whether or not I should be where I am but a new bunch of kids makes all the difference. They are so cute. Most of them try so hard and want to do well!
5. My doctor. My doctor recently opened his own practice. I started to freak out when I heard he wasn't at the old practice but I trust him so much that I'd follow him anywhere!
6. My faith. Without this one, I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't be able to be thankful for all of the things above. I sure wouldn't be able stand here on this day and find some positives. God has walked with Ben and I through this whole thing. We had actually been carried through much of the last year. And no matter what news he may here in the future, I know God remains strong. There isn't anything bigger than he is and there is nothing he can't handle. I will be able to make it through anything with him.

No comments: