Friday, September 9, 2011

It's A....

 BOY
 
Yesterday was an amazing day!! It felt extremely surreal the entire day. I had to keep reminding myself all day that I was having a baby and it was a boy! I have dreamed about this day for so long! There were so many hard days that I just knew this day would never actually happen. Ben and I are truly blessed to be on this journey.

Ben and I went together to my appointment yesterday morning. We walked in a few minutes before my appointment and they called me back pretty much immediately. I was so anxious about it all. I knew that the baby and I were in God's hands but the unknown was about to kill me. As we were walking back to the exam room, I didn't care what I was having, I just wanted to know I was having a healthy child!

The tech was super nice and cheerful when we got in there. But she got serious as soon as she started the ultrasound, which made me nervous because I thought she was seeing something bad. She told me she was going to look for all the stuff the doctor wanted first and then she would explain everything and let me see it. It seemed like that part took forever! Finally she said, "Okay everything looks good." I felt so relieved! I could get excited! She turned the screen and he had his hands covering his face and was just a kicking!!

He didn't want to cooperate immediately. The tech has to jab my stomach with the wand thing and shake it around to get him to move around, which is not good when you have to pee REALLY bad! I rolled to my left side so she could get a different view, but little man still wasn't having it. Finally I rolled over to my right side and he half way cooperated. The first few views she wasn't sure he was really a he, but we finally got a good picture!! We were so excited! I had not had any idea as to what I was having until the morning of the ultrasound. I was getting ready and praying because I was super scared! And it all of the sudden it hit me that everything was going to be okay and I got the strongest feeling that I was having a boy.



When we went to see the doctor, he agreed that the baby looked great! All of the measurements and stuff were right where they should be! I go back in 4 weeks for my next check-up.

We called our parents immediately when we left. We weren't telling them but we wanted to let them know that the baby was looking good so far! It was so hard not to let it slip to my mom. Luckily I didn't talk to her very long so I didn't have much of a chance to let it slip.

We had our families over last night to fill them in on the gender. It was so funny because pretty much all of them thought it was a girl.



We wrapped up two big boxes. One was the girl box and one was the boy gift. I opened the girl gift and Ben opened the boy gift.
What's it going to be???
We told everyone that if it was  girl pink balloons would come out of my box and nothing would come out of Ben's. If it was a boy, then blue balloons would come out of Ben's box and my box would be empty. I was so nervous cutting into those boxes. I couldn't wait to see everyone's reaction!!
 
Me and Ben about to open the "presents"
 This is a video of everyone's reaction... Priceless!!



Kaleb and Brody were really excited about getting a boy cousin! They were too cute sitting on the couch like big boys!


Ben and I are so excited about this baby boy!! We feel truly loved by all of the sweet comments, texts, calls, and e-mails from our families and friends! I know that this baby boy is truly a gift from God and has been and will continue to be prayed for! It's so exciting to see God's plan unfolding in front of our eyes!


No comments: