I realized the other day when I posted about starting Clomid, that that was my first post of the year. I haven't really thought much about the blog and honestly didn't realize I hadn't posted anything. So I'm going to try and play catch up.
New Years Eve...
Jake and Kate, Barbara and Kevin, my parents and me and Ben rang in the new year together at our house. I made tacos and enchiladas and we had a pretty low key start to the new year!
New Years Day...
My dad and I woke up and started cooking our traditional New Years Day Dinner. We had hot meat, greens, black eyed peas and then for the picky eaters (umm... me!) we made green beans, coleslaw, deviled eggs, and cornbread! It was yummy!!And what's New Year's Dinner without rainbow cake??
Ben's parents, Amy and Chris, Jake and Kate, and my parents all ate lunch before the Alabama Bowl Game. We moved upstairs to watch the second half of the game up stairs. We were really surprised how well Alabama did. I was expecting them to win but not completely dominate the other team!
Ice Storm 2011...
The local weather men were predicting a significant winter weather event for much of our area. They knew there would be snow and ice and that there would be a strict cut off line between the two. The only thing they didn't really know was where exactly that line would be. We went to bed Sunday (1/9) night with a lot of ice and freezing rain. It sounded just like rocks hitting the windows. It kept trying to change over to snow. It would snow for a few minutes and then go back to sleet/freezing rain. We were hoping to wake up Monday morning with snow everywhere. Well we woke up Monday morning with it looking just like it did Sunday night. Everything was pretty much covered in ice, but not a lot of snow! We did get a day out of school and get to go in delayed on Tuesday though!
My parents were hit pretty had by snow. They woke up Monday morning to about 5 inches of snow! Five inches of snow in Alabama pretty much shuts down the state! Most of the schools in North Alabama have been closed all week because A LOT of the roads were completely impassable.
This weekend...
My mom came to stay with me this weekend while all the boys were at the hunting club. We always have a great time! Friday night we went to see Barbara and Aubrey Anne (who is adorable!!) Aubrey was in such a cute mood! She was just laughing and talking the whole night! Barbs said she had had shots earlier in the day but you couldn't tell, she was so happy.
Yesterday my mom and I went to see Country Strong. I really liked it. I love country music and I love movies about singers so it was a win win for me!
After the movies we ran to Babies R Us to buy some things for Jake and Kate and then we went to Red Lobster to eat! We came home and watched the Miss America Pageant! I love watching Miss America.
I didn't really have a favorite this year because I was only half watching. I bought the Country Strong soundtrack when we got home and when I hooked my iPhone in to update the songs, I some how deleted all the songs that were on there. It took me the whole pageant to figure out what the problem was. But luckily, once I figured it out, it didn't take too long to fix!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment