I have this post in the works all about Thursday Night Supper and what goes on and all that jazz but its not ready yet. So I thought I would live you with a recipe that is one of my favorites. It has become one of my go to meals - it's a little different than the other meals I tend to fall back on but I love it. Its quick, easy, cheap, and good!
Jerk Chicken Nachos
Chicken
Nacho Chips
Pepper Jack Cheese
Bell Peppers
Lime
Cilantro
Jamaican Jerk Rub (from Pampered Chef) - you can use any brand
I used precooked chicken this time because it was easiest... Use can boil the chicken, use a roasted one, whatever you want. For Ben and I, I usually only do one bag but because I wanted leftovers last night I did two. I love taking these for lunch the next day.
Chop up the chicken. Once I chopped both bag of chicken it ended up being about 2 cups of chopped chicken.
Shred up an equal amount of Pepper Jack Cheese and mix it with the chicken.
Then add some of this... You can buy Jamaican Jerk Rub at most grocery stores now so it doesn't have to be Pampered Chef. I usually add about a tablespoon, sometimes more depending on my mood.
Put a layer of nacho chips on a cookie sheet or a bar pan. I use the Mission brand because I think they hold up better when I bake the mixture. Also make sure it is a single layer of chips so that you can get some of the chicken/cheese mixture on every chip. If you don't you end up with a bunch of chips with no topping...
Put the chicken/cheese mixture on top of the chips and bake until the cheese is melted. I bake it on 350 for about 5-7 minutes.
For the salsa, chop up some bell peppers. The peppers can be any color. These three came in the pack and they looked better than the green ones. Plus I LOVE yellow bell peppers. I think I could eat them by themselves.
Put the chopped bell peppers in a bowl. Add another tablespoon of the Jamaican Jerk Rub and some lime juice. I only used 1/2 of the lime last night. But sometimes I end up having to put more in there.
When the cheese has melted, take the chips out of the oven. Top with bell pepper salsa and cilantro. Again I had A LOT of cilantro because I LOVE IT!!!
You can also put sour cream on top but I can't stand sour cream so I don't. Ben adds it to his by himself.
ENJOY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment