Today on Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life isHow you and your husband met... So here is our story.
I was a junior in high school and Ben was a senior and he had a pretty serious girlfriend. We hung out with the same crowd so we saw each other often. The very first time we met was at my best friends house. We were all meeting there to go bowling. He says that the first time he saw me he thought I was someone he wanted to date. I thought he was cute but he had a girlfriend. For his senior trip we all went to the beach -- and by we I mean me, Karen (by best friend at the time), Matthew, and Ben. I still really don't understand why Ben's girlfriend didn't go. But we had a good time. Ben was nice but I was liking his best friend at the time.
Fast foward a year later, Ben and his girlfriend broke up. He called Karen one night and said he wanted to hang out with us. Ben and I started dating a few weeks later. It was great while it lasted - we hung out all the time, he came to my senior play, graduation, and even ended up coming to the beach for my senior trip. I went with him to family get togethers and even the beach (with his fam!!) But it didn't last long, about 6 weeks after we started dating we broke up and he went back to Natalie.
Something inside told me not to let this boy go. Even in the few short weeks we had dated I fell in love with him. I knew he was going to be the boy I married. So I waited for him to see that. For 6 months, I waited. He would call me every now and then and we would talk. When I would see him out we would be friendly. But finally after a while, I grew tired of being the other girl. I was tried of him calling me when he got home from a date with her. I wanted to either be the girl he was dating or nothing. The night I told him that I was tried of it all, he told me that he and Natalie had broken up again.
We didn't immediatley start dating again - we took it slow. But eventually we were inseperable. That was in Jan. of 2003. We dated for the next three years. He took me to my first NASCAR race and my first Alabama football game. We went to many beach and mountain trips together.
On Dec. 2, 2005, we got engaged!!
We were married a year and a half later on June 30, 2007.
And we are living our "happily ever after" right now.







1 comment:
What a sweet story! You were meant to be : )
Post a Comment