Sunday, December 28, 2014

8 months

Okay, I know I say this every single month, but goodness gracious the time is flying!!! I can't believe that you are already 8 months old!

Your personality is really coming out now! It's so fun to watch you learn to do new things!! This month you are rolling over like crazy. You can kind of scoot backwards and turn yourself all around but you haven't really started crawling yet. I feel like you're going to do it anytime now! I keep waiting and waiting!

We have started feeding you three times a day and you still LOVE your food! I think your favorite thing lately has been macaroni and cheese. The whole time I was feeding you, you would wave your arms and whine for quicker bites and then when I would finally put it in your mouth you would growl like it was really really good!! You've liked pretty much all the food we have given you which is a good thing. Tonight at dinner we let you lick a pickle and a lemon and you loved both of them! You still take a bottle a couple of times a day. Mostly it's between 4-6 ounces depending on when you ate real food last. You also love your juice still! When I finish feeding you, I'll give you the juice bottle or sippy cup and down the juice. You have started holding your own bottle, which makes me kind of sad. That means you're really starting to get big. My mom and I were talking the other day and I told her you could hold your own bottle but couldn't lift it up to get the last of the bottle. I looked in the back seat and you were tilting the bottle up to get the end of it! It makes me happy but also makes me sad!

You are mostly in 9 month clothes. There are a few 6 month and a few 12 month snuck in there from time to time. You are still wearing size three diapers. You weigh about 20 pounds or so. We took you to the doctor a few weeks ago and you were 19.7.

You got the flu this month! You had the flu shot so I just knew it wasn't the flu but you sure did test positive for it! The doctor didn't give you anything for it. We were past the window for tamiflu to work and there were too many side effects to make it worth it. So we didn't do anything. I started my oils hot and heavy! Luckily, you never really knew that you had the flu. You could tell you didn't feel good when you got sleepy but other than that you seemed happy. We ended up having to take you back a few days later because you have a bad cough. You ended up having bronchitis. This time you got an antibiotic and cough medicine. Thankfully, once again, you didn't act too sick!!

This was you while we were waiting in the room to see the doctor.

 And once we got home that night... See you don't look like you feel bad!

You are sitting up by yourself so good now!! You think you are such a big boy!! 

And you are also sitting in high chairs at restaurants. I try to feed you while we are waiting for our food to keep you happy while we are in the restaurant. I also take lots of toys and keep them attached to your high chair cover so they don't land on the ground!


You have also started sitting up in the bathtub like a big kid! You love splashing around in the tub!! It makes bathing you super difficult. I always feel like you are drowning with all the water that gets in your face. But you love it!!


You still love jumping!! We can lift you up and put you near the jumper and you start going crazy!! You love it!!!

You are such a good baby! You are just such a go with the flow kind of kid! You like your bedtime and schedule but you don't freak out if we aren't near a bed when it is your bedtime! We are so lucky to have you kiddo!!


No comments: