Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Doctor's Visit

I try really hard not to be one of those crazy parents that rush to the doctor for every little thing. But I have been concerned about Tucker's breathing for a while now. I talked with the doctor at his two week visit and the doctor seemed to believe his breathing was normal. At first I really just said it was probably because he was so young and born a few weeks early. But as time went on, his breathing was still odd. He made these sounds like he was almost forgetting to breath and then gasping for air. He was also getting chocked more and more often. So I went ahead and called to get him checked again.

 Thankfully, our pediatrician was amazing and reassured me that he was just fine! He did say that he had a VERY mild case of  tracheomalacia. Basically, his windpipe isn't developed well. The doctor said that extreme cases can lead to surgery but his case is no where near that!! He will more than likely grow out of it!

We were very relieved to get good news. While I thought it was probably going to be nothing, it still was a nerve-wracking trip to the doctors office! Thankfully, Ben went with us to keep me and Tucker calm!


{Just for the record, Tucker weighed 9 lbs and 14 oz at almost 7 weeks at this appointment.}

s

No comments: