So I wasn't going to share our news. I was going to keep it to myself until I was sure everything would work out. But if I did that, then what have I really learned on this long journey that Ben and I have been on??? Nothing. And I feel like I have learned so much.I feel like I am a completely different person than I was in 2010 when we started this journey. And I feel like if I keep quiet any longer than all I am doing is hiding behind the fear the devil keeps bringing up.
So having said all that, I'm pregnant!
Here is our little nugget at 6 weeks:
8 weeks:
and 9 weeks:
So I'm 9 weeks and 5 days! And absolutely terrified! There are days when the fear is absolutely crippling! But on one of the first days after I got the positive pregnancy test, my devotion talked about worrying and trusting God. It said that the most direct route between point A and point B is the path of unwavering trust. When your faith falters you choose a path that meanders through life and takes you well out of your way. You'll eventually get to point B but you will have lost time and energy. It says that as soon as you realize you have wondered from the path of unwavering trust, look to Jesus and whisper, "I trust you!" So that's what I have been doing. When I start worrying I immediately tell God that I trust him. There are bad days that I feel like I am chanting, "I trust you God" over and over all day long! But then there are days that I have a peace about everything. The thing is is that I have had just a huge peace during this entire pregnancy. I feel like we did everything we possibly could do before getting pregnant and we are doing everything we can do now that I am pregnant to prevent it from happening again. If we loose this baby, I know without a doubt it is God's will. And while the thought terrifies me, I trust God.
So here are some details. I found out I was pregnant on Labor Day. I went to the doctor the next day and then again two days later. My HcG levels were looking good. My progesterone, however, was low. So they started me on progesterone gel, the lovonox (blood thinner) injections, and I'm still on a high dose of folic acid, baby aspirin, prenatal vitamin, and thyroid medicine. So I'm on a lot! I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks. After seeing the doctor, he also decided to go ahead and put me on bed rest until at least the end of my second trimester. At 7 weeks, I went to see a high risk OB, and we got a plan in place for the rest of the pregnancy. I go back to them at 12 weeks and will have a big anatomy scan as well as a few other tests run. I went back to the RE at 8 weeks for another ultrasound. Everything looked great and the he released me back to my normal OB.
On Monday, I went to see my normal OB. I haven't seen him in almost a year and a half so I was happy to be back at his office. He was glad we were back too. He agreed with all the things all of the other doctors have done so far. We had another ultrasound of our little nugget and everything looked great! The heartbeat was 183!! That's the highest its been in any pregnancy!! They gave me another presicription for zofran and because I don't take enough medicine started me on an acid reflux medicine. Which is a very good thing because even though I have been sick as a dog, I've also wanted really spicy foods!!
So can yall pray for this little baby?? Pray that we make it to full term this go around. Pray for my nerves because this is a very scary journey we are on. Pray for Ben because he gets the brunt of all of my pregnancy hormones and because I've been so sick, he's had to deal with normal house hold duties that I would typically do. Just pray for peace and above all else, that God's will be done.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23



4 comments:
Praying for this sweet baby!! And for you and Ben!! You don't fully know another's struggles until you go through it yourself. We lost our baby almost 3 weeks ago. It is heartbreaking and some days I feel I can't go on. But I know we are in the hands of an Almighty God and that gives me the will to go on! Praying for you guys!!!!
I am so sorry Stefanie!! There were many days that I felt like I couldn't go on but God carried me through it. I will be praying for you and Matthew. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you!!
I know I'm a few day slate, but so many prayers for you. Prayers for peace and comfort when the enemy is at your back, and prayers for that baby!
Praying for you Heather, your brother and I think of you constantly. I am so glad you decided to annouce on the blog too, I love keeping up =) If you need anything, you know we are a phone call away!
Post a Comment