Friday, April 12, 2013

March for Babies

It has been 19 months since we lost Parker and 10 months since we lost Noah. A few months ago, I started getting the overwhelming feeling that I was ready to do something. I knew I wanted to help people who were in our same situation but I just didn't know what I could do. I spent hours researching and trying to find somewhere to help. I couldn't find anything in my area.


Then on Thursday, one of my twitter friends posted about how she was walking in the March for Babies walk for the March of Dimes in memory of her little girl that she had too early. I looked at the link on her page and started reading about what March of Dimes was about and realized this is it!



I immediately started a team and signed up for a walk. So my family and I are walking in memory of Parker and Noah. It's not much but it's something and it's a start. The money we raise will go to research to help prevent premature birth.

So how can you help us?

1. You can walk with us! The way I see it - the more the merrier! I think it's going to be so much fun! I am ordering t-shirts right now so we can all match!

2. Donate money. Whatever amount you feel lead to give will help so much! CLICK HERE to donate on our team page.

3. I know it may not be possible for you to walk with us or give any money, but you will you pray? Pray for the people who are going through an incredible amount of grief right now because of losing their babies. Pray for the families that are spending their time in the NICU and holding on to hope that their baby will survive. Pray for the many many families across the country over the next few weeks that will be walking in memory or in honor of their sweet babies.



No comments: